pill query... noriday

hey peoples

Im on Noriday, which is a progesteron only pill

over the past week or so, my breasts have been REALLY sore, and I thought I might be pregnant, only today I have started what I can only call "heavy spotting"... I had light spotting the week before last

just wondering if this sounds normal?

I should probably take a pregnancy test anyway, shouldnt I?

The progesterone only pill can often cause menstrual irregularities, such as irregular bleeding or missed periods. These can be annoying, but tend to settle down after a while. If you have continued problems with irregular bleeding you should talk to your doctor. If you are worried that you could be pregnant because you have not had a period, you should ask your doctor or nurse for advice or do a pregnancy test. However, if you took all your pills correctly and you didn't have an upset stomach or take any other medicines which might affect the POP (see end of factsheet), then it is unlikely you are pregnant.

Side Effects

# Changes in menstrual bleeding, eg irregular bleeding or sometimes stopping of bleeding

# Nausea and vomiting

# Dizziness

# Headache/migraine

# Changes in sex drive

# Weight gain

# Breast tenderness

# Skin problems, eg spots

# Depression

# Cysts on the ovaries

It's possible that you may have mastitis. You're probably thinking only pregnant women and cows get that like I did when the doctor told me I had it. I've never been pregnant or had kids. I suggest you go and get checked out by your doctor/clinic.

All I can tell you is it's very painful, especially when you're in bed.

Archived