maymie

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years. I love him to death and I want to be with him forever.

In the first year of our relationship, he was the perfect gentleman. He treated me like a queen and was very respectful. During this year, I was going through some rough times, and would sometimes get easily upset. He knew what I was going through and he understood, and he never held my attitude against me.

I'm a very touchy person, and I love being with him. We spend weekends together, and sometimes I will meet him for his lunch break. Lately, he has been pushing me away and being very snappy with me. He has broken up with me twice in the past week.

My question is... instead of me always being the one running to him, spilling my heart out to him.. should I just let him go that easily.. or should I keep trying. I know he loves me, but I dont know what to do anymore...

HELP PLEASE

If by "keep trying" you mean keep ignoring his desire to pull away from you (and thereby smothering him) then no, you should not keep trying. First of all, someone shouldn't be able to break up with you twice in one week. In order for that to happen it would mean he dumped you, and then you went back right away, after which he dumped you AGAIN and now, presumably, you are back together. That's not a good state of affairs.

Want the attention you had in the beginning? Then pull back a LOT. Don't call him, only talk to him when he calls you. Don't make plans, just be available most of the time when he wants to see you and makes plans in advance. Other times, be unavailable. When you ARE together, be happy and easy to be with. If he isn't treating you right one evening, leave.

While you're at it, develop or maintain your own life separate from him. Go places, do things, and meet new people to be friends with. Reconnect with old friends. He should not be the center of your universe, and as long as he feels like he is, he knows he's free to treat you however he pleases. Besides which, if you make him the center of your universe, you essentially drive him away.

Good luck!

A relationship is all about being together , but still being able to do your own thing.

Imagine i was your bf, and im constantly hanging around your leg , refusing to let go, that would be quite a nasty burden wouldn't it?

While you have been spilling your emotional guts all over him, you haven't seen the emotional problems that he is having nor have you been the emotional support he is seeking. Honestly if a guy gets cranky , it means that certain things are bothering him on long term.

SO ask what is bothering him, communicate every night to understand what is going on in the head of your partner in order to see what problems need to be solved in order to maintain the stability of your relationship.

Archived