?

darkpumpkin

See I like spending money. But I also like knowing I'm not going to be in debt till I die. Or that when I retire I won't be eating cat food. He's 30 and basically owes almost 10,000 on 2 credit cards plus he's leasing to own his house. But justifies his debt by saying. "I own a condo". Lol I was thinking I could spend the rest of my days with this man. Until I realized his spending habits lol.

Good for you. Too often people make the mistake of assuming these mundane details like how each of you approach finances will magically work themselves out and that emotion will be enough to carry the day.

Some think it's not "romantic" to bring finances into love relationships. It's not "romantic" to be with your SO, be in debt up to your eyeballs and wonder how you're going to make the house payment, either.

There's a balance between the emotional and the practical. Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on that. It should serve you well.

General question: If you invited someone out to dinner and told them it was their pick should they pick the most expensive place and order the most expensive thing they can.

No. If I offered that (I wouldn't lol unless it was my SO and a very special occasion) and they went for all that, I would not think much of them as a person.