What can you let go of?

how about everyone is special in some way. I do believe somewhat that "God helps those that help themselves..."

On the other hand, over the years, I've increasingly had a problem with the concept that people get what they deserve. Could anyone possibly feel that children 'deserve' to be harmed? What if they're killed, like children in the Holocaust- they don't have any opportunity for life to 'make it up to them' for the bad they went through.

The idea that showing emotion is a weakness.

"Oh my god, the woman has feelings! How horrible!" But it has for a long time been a cherished belief of mine that those who hold their feelings in are stronger, somehow. They'll take the blows for the other guys. They won't break down in a crisis.

It simply isn't true, I now have to admit. It goes both ways, sometimes the ones that hold it in snap and/or aren't very strong, sometimes it goes the other way.

Years of seeing hysterics made me loathe it, though, and that aversion has a deep hold on me.

But you know what, I've been showing my feelings and doing what needs to be done, so it's time to put that belief to rest.

R.I.P. Strong silent stereotype.

That Hiding from conflict will save me pain in the long run.

Also that manipulating men into doing what I want is the best way... (it took a lot to realise that I was that kind of person, and its hard to change) Now I just try to be an honest and understanding as I can, and it seems to work... He does what I want because he wants me to be happy, as opposed to doing what I want (with resentment) because I challenge him into it.

My complete self obssession.

The idea that everything must be perfect with my appearance. I'm unable to accept that though I dont look like a model, I'm attractive and healthy.

Some people wont like me. It doesnt mean everyone hates me, or that I can't like myself.

The feeling that I am missing out on something, and that all the accomplishments that I killed myself for up till this point should make a difference in how my family sees me.

I am tired of feeling like a stranger in my own family. I am tired of needing their acceptance. I am just tired , period and I need to let it all go.

I think it really needs a great deal more. What don't you need. not what you want to broadcast on a website. What can you type this morning and face by this afternoon- as being pointless.

The whole point of blogs I think is to define yourself- but that's not for here- I want this thread to strip you.