Doesnt it hurt when you cant be friends afterwards...

tallkid345

I broke up with my gf 2 days ago and it has been very emotional ever since. I knew we'd separate since she was no longer interested and i needed someone who would be nearby but everything went downhill since the day of our breakup. I tried my best to contact her and just clear things up between us so we could be friends but she wouldnt let me. So i talked to her friends to see what i could do but then my ex took this the wrong way and has made things difficult for me. I was so depressed last night (hadnt cried in ages...) but after speaking with my ex's best friend, I realised something.

It wasn't my fault at all. I realise that I did the best I could for our relationship and while it never really stood a chance (circumstances and priorities eventually ended us). I was away for 3 months and during that time, my ex changed dramatically (in my opinion, for the worst). It's unlikely that we will ever talk to each other again and im still getting over this but the experience has taught me alot. I'm grateful for the good times we had but its just a shame everything turned out horribly. Im hoping in the future that my next relationships wont end up so badly as my first...

its only been two days, I know it SEEMS like forever, but its two days!!!

give it a few months before you try to talk to her, I am sure you will talk again, you didnt do anything wrong, you just broke up, it happens all the time. She is probaby just confused and a little upset and needs you to leave her alone for the timebeing.

^^ Unless abuse was involved, or if one or both parties are being immature... I dont see why any relationship cant EVENTUALLY become a friendship.

(excluding if it was just a sex thing and you hate hte persons personality.)

But yes, if they are going to be friends, it probably wont be for a while

Maybe its for the best. I know its tough, but hang in there. It WILL get better! You will never get over her & move on if you are friends...

I know you miss her, believe me, Ive been there before. You'll feel better in a couple weeks, then even better a couple of weeks later..and so on and so on...Just hang in there!

Chin up!

I just spoke with my ex then. She used her friend's msn account to talk to me. Our conversation was like this,

My ex: Don't try to contact me again because i no longer want to talk to you

Me: That's a shame but I understand. Tell 'my ex' that I never want to speak with her again

My ex: I'm 'you're ex'

Me: I hate how things have turned out but I no longer want to speak to you. Don't reply to my emails. I regret trying to be friends with you.

My ex: Goodbye

Me: Bye

And that was it. If this happened yesterday, I'd be so depressed but after that conversation with her friend last night, I no longer really care. It's a shame that people change and in doing so, drift completely apart. Some of my ex's friends have really been there for me (ironically) and I only hope that we can stay friends afterwards. University in my country is starting soon and it will be an opportunity to meet new people and do new things. Even today, I've already made a new friend! I'll be moving forward from now on and I hope that everyone who is suffering from the end of a relationship will do the same. Good luck to all of you on this forum and thanks for the support.