changing table

muffin cakes

I used changing tables with both of my children.

I think they are well worth the money!

Not only does it make it more convenient for changing diapers but our little trips to the bedroom for diaper changing and listening to musicbox or singing a song are dear memories.

I can't imagine "not" having a changing table. Although I know it's possible to change in other areas (floor with blanket / bed, etc.)

If you really want something like that do as my best friend has done with both of her boys, buy a cheap changing table mattress and put on top of a dresser and you can use that for just as longas you're able to use the changing table. But I agree about it being a waste of money, it was so much easier for me to chagne my son on the floor or bed just because i didnt have to worry about him kicking just right and falling off./

Not only does it make it more convenient for changing diapers but our little trips to the bedroom for diaper changing and listening to musicbox or singing a song are dear memories.

Nice food for thought!!! I like this mental jewelry (borrowed lyric from Live)....alot!!!

I was thinking of getting a pack-n-play since I will want to travel to WV often to visit with my family. The pack-n-plays come with the table.

I got one of those, thinking the same thing. But it almost seems like more trouble to hook up the change table (which you would obviously remove when your child was sleeping or playing in there). And also, I would be afraid of spillage into the playard (dropping a dirty diaper, or baby peeing with no diaper on).

On second thought, I was going to pick up a change pad ($15 at IKEA) and convert the top of a dresser into a change table.

If you really want something like that do as my best friend has done with both of her boys, buy a cheap changing table mattress and put on top of a dresser and you can use that for just as longas you're able to use the changing table. But I agree about it being a waste of money, it was so much easier for me to chagne my son on the floor or bed just because i didnt have to worry about him kicking just right and falling off./

That is what my sister did as well. After changing 3 nephews on a bathroom floor, I greatly appreciate the "luxury" of my neice's change table.

I got one of those, thinking the same thing. But it almost seems like more trouble to hook up the change table (which you would obviously remove when your child was sleeping or playing in there). And also, I would be afraid of spillage into the playard (dropping a dirty diaper, or baby peeing with no diaper on).

On second thought, I was going to pick up a change pad ($15 at IKEA) and convert the top of a dresser into a change table.

Good point. I just want to have something to use when I take the baby to WV. WOW! You really are thorough. I never gave spillage a thought. THANKS!!!

link removed

That is the Pack n Play I had for my son and the changing table was nothing to remove. I never had problems with "spills" whenever I would use it I would throw a small blanket on top of the liner and if something happen to leak out i'd be able to wash the blanket instead of having to take the whole thing out and washing and disinfecting. I Seriously recommend it.

I'm glad to hear this - maybe I can still use it. Mine didn't come with a liner, but I could probably invent something. And it's not overly complicated to attach, but I was just thinking that when I have a screaming baby in one hand, I wouldn't want to be struggling to set up a change pad. I'm just lazy that way.

That Graco PacknPlay while expen$ive is very nice. THANKS FOR POSTING! You read alot about the playards being good up through 30 pounds. How long will that be? Months, a year? What about the time it takes for them to reach 15 pounds or 25 pounds?

Baby grows at different rates butmy son who will be 2 Next month is only 24lbs so there is no certain weight a child should be at at a certian age. But at the same time with the changing table, once the child starts getting more and more mobile its often easier to just change them on a bed or floor. And I agree that pack n play was pretty expensive but it was a gift so who is going to complain? They sell cheaper ones that is just as nice and my son still sleeps in that one since I keep it at my grandparents house and he still has alot of room to be comfortable so its well worth the money oh and the nice thing about the changing table on the one I posted, is you dont have to remove it each and everytime like some it had two little buttons on the side and it flips over so you can still use the bassinet without removing it.

I have never had a changing table. My mother n law bought me one to use with the new baby (5 weeks old) and to be honest I have folded towels and blankets on top where it should be used as a changing table. haha..

It is very nice though, below that is droors... I have her clothes in that, and it has a separate shelving part where I have been keeping her shampoo, extra wipes... etc (things she has to have)

I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old, who by the way at 24 months weighs 37 lbs already! He is big. I have always used the bed, couch whatever I am near to change. When young, I lay a blanket down underneath the baby. If you are very fast with it, you can prevent them from getting everything wet should they happen to pee. I just have everything with me and ready before the change. Then when diaper comes off, I very quickly put other diaper under the baby.

With my boys if they pee'd it was like a water hose spraying and more than once I have gotten wet literally while changing, so I learned to throw a very thin blanket, like a birp cloth /swaddling blanket over top of the 'hose' if it started to go off! The funniest thing was to watch my husband changing my sons diaper when he was very little... He would be on guard like he was going to war... haha One time junior started to pee and that thing was spraying all over and hubby practically screamed like a girl. He had to change his shirt and all because baby got him really good. Ahhhh the memories.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread but changing table or no changing table, point is you too will figure out these things. Its whats comfortable for you. YOu will find your own technique after like the 50th diaper one week into it. oh yeah.... for newborns... 6-8 wet ones a day and a few nasty ones thrown in for good measure. You do the math =-)

I just want to add a side-note about diapers...

I'm going to be a new mom so I really have no idea how many diapers I'm going to need or what brands I'm going to like, so for my baby shower, they added a note. If someone brought in a pack of diapers, then they could add their name to a jar and they'd pick a name at the end of the day and hand out a prize. It ended up being a great idea and I have TONS of diapers, all different brands and sizes so I should be good for a while. I just thought it was genius, and might be helpful to those of you who have yet to have your baby showers.

Sorry to hijack!

BTR, that was a great idea, diapers you receive at babyshowers are a god-sent. Thankfully between the diapers we received at my babyshower and the ones from where my son was hospitalized we didn't have to buy any diapers for the first 3 months so we were able to stock up on everything else. I love that idea though will have to keep it in mind for my SIL's upcoming baby shower.