What's this guy got? Are they interested or just trying to "help"?

scatcatfhsu

I'm very confused here. Usually, I'm really, really outgoing and am usually pretty popular with the ladies but there are two that I really seem to like that really don't even give me time of day other than a simple "hi". And what's so bad is that there is a really shy and moody guy (nothing against him) that they ALWAYS try to talk to (just about).

For instance, the one I REALLY like, will ask him how his day is and, if he says "not so well", or something, she'll be like, "What's wrong? You can talk to me." She'll stick her hand out for a "five" (open palm, which I've heard means interest), and will always try and talk about something that interests him. For example, he's a really HUGE Grand Theft Auto video game fan, and she'll always laugh or giggle if she sees a traffic jam or something and say, "it's just like the Grand Theft Auto game..." And, it may not matter to anybody else, but I love for somebody to call me by my name because I feel like it means I was important to them... but she'll never call me by my name. And for him, "Hi Winsor". "I hope you have a good weekend Winsor." "Winsor (in weird voice), how are you?" Lately, she'll go to lunch with him if he asks and is always overheard (by other girls) saying, "You can talk to me about ANYTHING".

The other girl will throw a fit over his cell phone and be like, you have to give us all five (a bunch of girls in a group) just like one of your favorite football teams would do.

But a lot of times, it's as if he's rude or not interested in any of them (although I think it's really plain he likes the top one). Why would they be interested in a guy this shy and backwards? I mean, I think he's really cool and all (when you get to know him), but the moodiness would kill me. I mean, God, even my sister's best friend will give him second looks.

Do they have an interest in him or are they just trying to help him overcome his shyness? Do i have a chance with either?

SCATCATFHSU