I wish I could know...

mains3rv3r

So I'm not that old. I'm rather young to be having these sorts of problems. I'm around 18 and I'm suffering a breakup problem that should NOT be a breakup. My girlfriend and I have been dating almost 2 years now. The other night she said she was driving me home and so I went home. I was not expecting this because it was New Years Eve and it wasn't even 10 PM yet. Different then our last year together. The next day I hear nothing from her. Absolutly nothing. I tried calling and calling her just to find out that she turned her cell phone off to completely block me out. Later that night I called her house number just to find out that her family said they didn't know where she was. Later to find out that she was there and invited another guy over for dinner instead of hanging out with me as she said she would. May I remind you that the family took the phone off the hook at one point so I could not get through. The family doesn't know why my girlfriend did it, they just don't question something like that so I can't blame them so much. After all the calls I gave her, she calls me around 10 PM that night to tell me that we're not together and we broke up. Confusion everywhere in my mind. She said that she needed "space" and that 2 years was too long to date. School arrives and I see her in school. She is completely ignoring me for the same guy. Everything that I used to do (action wise) she has had him doing. The smallest things but something I thought was special that I did. She told me tonight this extrememly famous line... "It's not you. It's me. Seriously." I was speachless. I'm the nicest guy to her and I do everything. I just purchased a nice promise ring and got it resized for her finger for christmas just to find out she's dumping me? Or she needs "space". She is being too persistent for this "space" to continue. I can't sleep or eat because of this. I don't know what to do with the ring because that was the next step in the relationship and she ASKED me to get it for her. Some words of advice on this or what? I don't know what to do. I feel trapped or locked in. Having such a hard time right now dealing with all of this. I can't live without her and she's making it seem easy. Someone told me that she needs to see other people before she can actually commit to a long relationship. Isn't 2 years a bit of a long time to all of a sudden drop the idea of the relationship and need space from the person that loves you like nobody else could? I just want to get by all of this. She refuses to date me for some reason and I have practically begged for her to do so. Should I start my way on moving on or what? Advice is appreciated. :sad:

Move on

For one, shes a tart for having some guy over before she had even broken up with you. She treated you like dirt, refusing to talk to you like that.

After two years you deserve to be told face to face what is going on with her... an adult doesnt just drop you off home and ignore you for days.

Dont want her back!! Be angry at her!! She has completely abused you!!!

Its not that she broke up with you, reletionships end... but she was horribly nasty about it!!

She sounds like an immature little bint to me... one that is purposly trying to make you jealous (with the new guy, getting him to act like you) and has no idea what she wants.

imo, she will come crawling back... be strong and tell her to jump...

I feel for you -hug- good luck