Sometimes, it's ok if your friends see you as a puddle of goo. Sometimes, it's ok if your woman sees you as a puddle of goo, but not when you two are seperating and going other ways.

As far as the ex or soon to be ex seeing you as goo, you have the right attitude. No more, not now, not ever.

And it is hard. I walked out on a woman almost three years ago, I walked out, not her, and told her to have a nice life. But she was lying to my face. I found a different woman, a better one, one I love and who loves me and things are good with us. However, one time in the early fall of this year, I felt the bile, more than two years after, rising in me, that absolute sheer anger came up and it was there, and all I was doing was wlaking by the building in which she worked. So, yes, it's ahrd and it can take a long time, but that does not mean that woman will ever again see the emotions she stirred up in me, she won't, she won't ever have any knowledge that she has any power over me, she simply will never ever be able to affect my behavior. She lost the privilege to try in April 2004.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an emotional person. I don't mind so much when my friends see me like that (well, I kind of feel bad for them--awkward you know?). I just don't want her seeing me like that again. Nor do I want any descriptions getting back to her from mutual friends. This friend is more my friend, so he'll keep it on the down low..

LOL!

Just wanted to update the wonderful, caring souls of the board

I did great at dinner. I was together, and never even approached breaking down. I was so glad I never made it awkward for my good friend.

I am going to make it! And I'm slowly learning that while my girlfriend is a great person, she just might not be right for me (and I for her).

I can see a time, maybe a year from now when we can be good friends. I'll have to move on first, but I will get there!