the Pill

I used to have problems with the pill including weight gain, mood swings among others so i came off the pill couple pf years ago but recently wanted to go back on it, so i went to the doctor and he prescribed Yasminelle.. Wont be starting it for a week but just wondering is anyone else on this and how do they find it?

I hadn't heard of yasminelle, until just now. I think it's only available in a couple of euro countries.

It looks like yasmin but low dose. Sounds great. A lot of people have great experiences on yasmin & yaz (same family). I get nauseus and gain weight on everything but those two. I can't comment on the mood swings. I've never had that problem.

I hadn't heard of yasminelle, until just now. I think it's only available in a couple of euro countries.

It looks like yasmin but low dose. Sounds great. A lot of people have great experiences on yasmin & yaz (same family). I get nauseus and gain weight on everything but those two. I can't comment on the mood swings. I've never had that problem.

great thats what im hoping, my weight gain on other pills is awful, i have heard good things about Yasmin so i guess yasminelle is pretty similar

I hope yasminelle is not TOO much like yasmin! I was on Yasmin for 2 years and it did horrible things to me... hair loss, depression, mood swings, sudden pains...it was HORRIBLE!!! but i think everyone reacts to different pills... so in the end, i just thought i would go off the pill altogheter!!!

there were good things about it.. like great skin!

sorry to go off topic but anyway, i hope that yasminelle works for u.

I went on Yasmin in July....the first 3 weeks I was very nauseated which is a noted side effect (they tell you to keep taking your pills through this)...sure enough it did go away.

I was Ortho Novum years ago which gave me horrible weight gain, havent had this with Yasmin. Also my skin is wonderful since starting it!

BTW Yasminelle is just another manufacturer..same formula!

• 5 months later...

Dear everyone,

Do not start taking Yasmin -it is an extremely dangerous pill and several surveys show symptoms such as death, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism etc.

Try and google "Yasmin thrombosis" and you will further information on the sights of bmj and abortnet.

All the best from Julie

• 1 year later...

I recommend that no one take birth control/hormones at all!!! I am 30yrs old, I survived a pulmonary embolism(blood clot in lung) and a massive sroke almost 3 months ago... all due to the birth control pill Yasmin!!!! this pill is a killer! any other pill related cant be much better.. its not wworth the risk!

I was really healthy, fit, taking no other meds when this happened.. docs blame tis pill... im now without the ue of my left arm and hand.. i pray i will keep recovering... i just want to pass the word allong! any questions,emaill me at email removed!

Peace and blessings!

Melessia