Do girls like fighters..martial arts..etc

smiles21

Kung fu is an "Art" thereforeee its not about just fighting, it makes you a better person and is very useful in real life situations just incase a time comes to protect yourself. The best thing to do anyway is run..

Anyways back on topic, i never tell anyone about my passion for kung fu as i feel it makes them feel uncomfortable and then the word gets around and people start joking about it. If i did boxing or kickboxing, something like that then maybe yeah.. as my attitude would differ.

Well, just thought I'd post this out of curiosity.. Im recently out of a 4 year relationship, I'm 23. I currently train Brazillian Jujitsu.. Boxing.. and Kickboxing. And I strength train at the gym.

It puts me into shape, and makes me stronger. If you have ever watched UFC (Ultimate fighting championship) it's what they do. I'm like 5'11 and fit.. 6 pack and all..

Was curious if it was a turn off to girls? I would never initiate a fight.. but I know how to protect myself if trouble comes my way.. Or possibly do you gals find it sexy?

Was just wondering..

I have a similar question:

I am a millionaire. I drive a Bently and I live in a mansion in Newport Coast. I'm 6'3" and am the strongest rich man in the world. Is this a turn off to girls?

(sarcasm) ; )

*This may be a bit off topic but this is very important information.

I can see boxing, and BJJ as both usefull in a real life situation.. punch to the head.. sprawl take down.. ground and pound from there. Heh.

Exactly. A lot of people aren't aware that traditional martial arts have been exposed in the past decade as fairly useless in a real life scenario. This was first brought to the limelight when the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) sport began in November 1993. The UFC to date has aired 65 PPV shows and around 10 Cable shows.

In the beginning there were very few rules at all and it pitted the martial art styles against each other. What was shocking to the world was when Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Savate, Kenpo, Aikido, Kung Fu, etc, pretty much all of the traditional arts, were consistantly and sounded defeated. Even more surprising to everyone was that wrestling (real, not fake) and other grappling arts like Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (a modified version of traditional JJ) emerged as a undeniably and clearly dominating force. The techniques from the traditional arts were consistantly negated and defeated when a wrestler got their hands on them-which also was surprisingly easy. It wasn't even a fluke as it was pretty much every single fight ending up this way as more and more traditional masters thought that "they" could be the one to prove their techniques were legit. Each and everyone of them failed.

That was the past, and this sport has evolved into MMA, Mixed Martial Arts, where the techniques that actually work in a real situation are taken from each and every art and incorporated into a combatants arsenal. These days MMA is no longer about style versus style because that question has been answered. Today the sport is more along the lines of athletes competing against other athletes to see who is the most well rounded. Grappling is still the root of all of todays fighters because without it you're useless.

Here are some links that will show you someinteresting footage of the early days when traditional martial artists challenged the emergence of grappling dominance.

Keep in mind that this is more of a style against style thing. These days the sport of MMA has evolved where you have the best athletes learning BJJ, learning wrestling, learning boxing, learning kickboxing, learning Muay Thai, etc. These cross trained athletes of today would demolish anyone in the video's above because they are evolved. The point of the video's above was to show traditional martial arts exposed as being less than practical in a real self defense situation as they have no real grappling training whatsoever. An FBI study even said that 90% of all confrontations (without weapons) end up in a grappling position on the ground. If the vast majority of these situations end up like this, it shows just how unpractical traditional arts like Karate are when they don't give it any real focus.

Not to mention, if you've ever been in a High School wrestling room, you see those kids training over and over again by applying their learned moves against someone who is resisting at 100% albeit (no punching). I've been in several traditional martial arts styles and schools when I was younger and it was never like this. I never once was able to, nor did I see training where a guy was allowed to resist you at 100%, especially by grappling you. You can't just instinctively be able to fend off someone trying to put you down if they've trained taking people down 1000 times with people resisting being taken down. They're simply too experienced.

I know this is far off of topic but it kinda got brought up by the OP and I think this is very important information. I hate to see people thinking they know how to truly defend themselves when they are completely unaware of what it's really about. For some people this is a hard pill to swallow and their first reaction would be to deny it but it doesn't change facts. It was hard for me to swallow originally but after 13 years of MMA and seeing the same situation played out 1000 times when a traditional art pits itself against a grappler... you just can't change facts.

If any parents here want their child to learn the best self defense possible at a cheap price... enter them into wrestling. It offers discipline, incredible physical conditioning, a potential college scholarship (if they end up being good enough), and a practicle self defense skill.

(Please no one bring up multiple assailants because diplomacy and track & field would be the best skill in this situation, not a Traditional MA.)

Excellent post if i may say so. You pretty much summed up the past years of MMA. That's what draws me to it. And the thing about BJJ is that it takes many years to even become half decent.. its not like traditional styles that you can rank up in a couple months.. BJJ takes a lifetime to master. And there is always someone better. It's about conditioning. Exhaustion plays a huge factor.. thanks for that post. You rank up in belts Diggity? 13years is awhile.. I'd assume you could be Brown BJJ by then.

Oh no, I don't do it anymore. I took it for a year and left. I couldn't afford it. Instead I got involved with wrestling since it was free. Nowadays I don't do either but I still help out the old coaches during season. I wish I was in it still. I actually went to a smaller BJJ school last year around this time but only paid for one month. The guys there weren't as good as my old school and even after a 8 year hiatus I was still sub'ing their whitebelts and outscoring their blue's. Their school wasn't so great though because I would have got whipped if I went to my old school... Rodrigo Vaghi was my original instructor and he's well recognized for the strength of his teams.

I have a similar question:

I am a millionaire. I drive a Bently and I live in a mansion in Newport Coast. I'm 6'3" and am the strongest rich man in the world. Is this a turn off to girls?

(sarcasm) ; )

Yes...sooo icky just kidding...

Seriously while things like money, and height don't hurt ,they are no guarantee a girl will want to date you. Hmmm...I've never actually met the girl that cared about how expensive a car was either. Long as it's clean, decent and reliable, that's all that matters. Men sure do care about all that superficial stuff alot though.

Yeah Diggity, good MMA post. I have heard so many stories of ninjas and the like thinking they can whip the people from my husband's club, only to find they are resoundingly beaten.

There's this one story of a guy who thought he was king in some choreographed martial art having to tap multiple times, each time he said 'no let's start again, I must have missed something'. He ended up just losing the plot and trying to gouge eyes.

BJJ is mighty confronting to us non-fighting types but that's because it's real and it works. Husband was a bouncer, and many of his friends have bounced at some point, and the BJJ and shootfighting type standup/thai boxing were the only things that worked.