Husband with Meniscus injury, HELP!!!

You could mail him a care package.. I don't know if that's possible or not, but you could make cookies and get his friends/family to sign a get well card, and find some other meaningful items, and mail them in a package to him. Something like that.

Oh, and if it's possible, you could also fly over to be with him through his surgery if he has one. I mean, it's just common sense stuff.

Random note.. I always thought the meniscus was the outward curvature of the liquid in a test tube.. and apparently it has multiple definitions.

Eight years ago my daughter had a torn meniscus from a softball game injury. The repair surgery was quite simple and it was done on an out patient basis.

She was prescribed pain meds, and was in a knee brace/support for a while, but was able to be up and around with the aid of crutches the first day or so. After the initial surgical pain was better after a day or two she was able to walk with out the crutches. The crutches were more or less just a support to keep the weight off her knee for a short time.

She went through physical therapy for about 5 weeks, just to make sure the knee was going to stay in proper working order. It was a pretty quick recovery.

Hopefully your husbands injury is not extremely severe and can be corrected with the simple surgery and therapy as well.

The anatomical name for the kneecap is patella. The meniscus(s) are the cartilidge pads that your femur rides on, basically shock absorbers. Just like your back, these discs can tear, rupture, or degrade over time. Any severe downward or sideways jolt can twist or rupture them. Cartilige doesnt have nearly as many blood vessels as bone does, so it tends to heal very very slowly if at all, hense why the operation.

link removed

The anatomical name for the kneecap is patella. The meniscus(s) are the cartilidge pads that your femur rides on, basically shock absorbers. Just like your back, these discs can tear, rupture, or degrade over time. Any severe downward or sideways jolt can twist or rupture them. Cartilige doesnt have nearly as many blood vessels as bone does, so it tends to heal very very slowly if at all, hense why the operation.

link removed

Oh yeah!!! Patella, that's what I was thinking of!