Help! Don't know what to do

Hi everyone, I enjoy reading these forums b/c it offers alot of advice. Right now, I have a problem. I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

I met a spanish girl in my class Sept 2005. At the beginning, we didn't talk alot but then a month after, we started talking and hanging out alot. We always have so much fun and sometimes talk for hours. She has told me numerous times she enjoys talking to me and she has flirted with me alot. I, of course, said the same. Thing is, I never really had any strong feelings for her (I thought). She felt more as a good friend to me, not a girlfriend. I think this might be due to we have 7 year difference plus she isn't asian (sorry if this sounded rude).

6 months ago, I introduced her to my friends. Over the course of the summer (2006), she talked and hanged out with one of my friends I introduced to her alot. So, a week ago, my friend asked me if it's alright he goes out with her b/c he knew I had feelings for her. So, I said sure, go right ahead. So, he did ask her and she said yes. So yesterday, she talked to me asking how i feel. I told her i'm happy for her. The problem is now, I noticed I have stronger feelings for her then I initially thought because I feel kinda jealous but I can't really do anything since I told both of them I'm happy and gave my approval. So, I know I got myself in a deep hole, what should I do? Please help me. I'll appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

The worst thing that can happen is you realize you have feelings for someone before it's too late. I suppose my best advice is to see if this will subside and eventually they might break up and you would have a chance. But if you don't wish to wait (not many would) then I suggest maybe look for someone else you might have an interest in or try to get over this girl somehow. It's your choice.

Thanks for the reply Alabama. I had a feeling that would be the only advice that can be offered. Hate the feeling. If she does break up with my friend, will be awkward if I date her. The problem with trying to get over this is that I see her almost everyday because we have similar schedules and were in the same class. Don't want her to notice anything awkward but I'm going to try my best. I have a question, does a huge gap in age (in my case, 7 years) mean anything to people?

Ok, too me, it's not a major factor. I care more about personality and as u said, my heart. Just was wondering what others thought. Right now, for me it's too late wahhhhhh!!! Why is life so harsh? Anyways, I'll be better prepared next time Thanks for all the advice