hope beyond reason

paper in a bottle

visions of horses, flags and horns

fields of dark blue with brass buttons

but no one ever came

and the throes are upon me now

why can't i be numb?

...but "help" was all it said

I am amazed by your poem and it brought up a lot unsaid in MYSELF.

I don't know the answer.

All I know is that if we don't give meaning to our lives, no one else will. "Lies" of "shifted perception" towards maybe something higher about life are necessary to win the fight within yourself, because what you believe becomes your reality- so it doesn't really matter what is true and what is false. What matters is what you want to be true, really, if you think about it.

I don't think Christ is a lie... Jesus is the exact strong and secure soul who we all needed to find and hear about- even if only for some of us, only one time in our lives. The whole of it is a love story.... about the love between a God and his people... and man, how it was fought for. Maybe when we die, life becomes less of sins and less of limitations and we can be who we were meant to be... or maybe we have to create it while we are alive.

You know what's fun to imagine? Someday, Socrates and Plato coming down to earth on a cloud from Heaven as Heaven meets with earth. Some people would point to them and go, "You were wrong!" and others would be like "I have some ideas to add!" It would be cool if there was a meeting of all the lifted souls of all of time to get together... and create a new world . LIKE, WOAH! (but that's like, just WAY my imagination acting up here. Don't mind me)

thank you, blueangel, for that excellent, thought-provoking post, the depth of which far exceeded that of the poem itself. "they say he talked to himself", though autobiographical in the main, is merely a poetical lament and should not be read as a manifesto or declaration of my personal beliefs. i take no official position on either the historicity of Jesus or the divinity of the Bible. mythical or not, the stories in the Good Book undeniably contain much wisdom still relevant in our own era, and the Son of God is a wonderful role model upon whom to pattern our own lives.

thank you, blueangel, for that excellent, thought-provoking post, the depth of which far exceeded that of the poem itself. "they say he talked to himself", though autobiographical in the main, is merely a poetical lament and should not be read as a manifesto or declaration of my personal beliefs. i take no official position on either the historicity of Jesus or the divinity of the Bible. mythical or not, the stories in the Good Book undeniably contain much wisdom still relevant in our own era, and the Son of God is a wonderful role model upon whom to pattern our own lives.

Wew- THAT was just... so articulate.