Im new on here but have a story so please bear with me

englishwoman41

About 6 years ago, i got the internet at home. I had read so much about chatting to people from all over the world and decided to give it a go on a message forum that was in the UK. I met a lad from the USA by chance, he was the same age as me and this forum was not a dating site thing but more of a current affairs thing. We made friends and so me, himself and another bloke from the same part of America would chat about the world, politics and any old * * * *e. We would always talk on a Friday afternoon for about 2 hours in a 3 way convo. We all became really good friends and it was nothing sexual. They both met up in their state which was a big state but it was nano miles to them. We all kept in touch for about 2 years and suddenly, i realised that i liked the one lad very much. We were the same age (LATE 30S) and so we started to talk a lot .Its amazing how you can talk to someone on the other side of the world and share stuff that you wouldnt normally talk about to your pals.

Anyway.

We arranged it so that i could possibly meet them both but i got an email on Christmas day that told me that he had been found dead in his apartment. I was seriously upset and yet i had never had the chance to meet him and i had no idea that he had a serious drink problem. It just goes to show that we chat to people and dont ever really know how they feel or live.

I did a test on the BBC site and according to it, i have a lot of emotional intelligence and yet i never did really know how he was feeling. I guess what im trying to say here is that we never will know . The internet is great but take the relationship into real life .If you feel then do it.