Tmj Ouch!!!

Just in case other posters don't know what TMJ is, it's Temporo-Mandibular Joint, the joint where the mandible (the lower jaw) joins the temporal bone of the skull, immediately in front of the ear on each side of your head.

Here's what you can do

Rest the muscles and joints by eating soft foods.

Do not chew gum.

Avoid clenching or tensing.

Relax muscles with moist heat (1/2 hour at least twice daily).

Here's some diet/exercise treatment

link removed

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Rose

Have you taken any Anti-inflammatory pain medications (such as advil or tylenol)? Eat soft foods like jello or stuff pureed in a food precessor, baby food is good too and has a lot of nutrients.

Have you looked into to getting a pain med injected into the joint. I've had that done on my hands and it was very helpful and the pain went away.

My dentist told me to stay away from chewing gum. Eating bagels or hard foods. He also made me a dental appliance, much like football guys wear an the field so that i don't grind my teeth in my sleep. It helps.

Appliance cost me $50... insurance covered most of it. I don't think it was anywhere near 6K you are talking about. What exactly do you get for that 6K???

I have it... It's actually gotten a lot better but I had a lot of complications with it a few months ago and I couldn't do the normal regimens I had done in the past.

In the past, they put me on Ibprofen 800's as an anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxers, and a few other medications that I can't remember the names of. Usually within a few days it starts loosening up. It took awhile the last time I had a flare up because of being pregnant, I couldn't take the medications.