Scared

jabele

I made a HUGE mistake and gave a blow job to a guy who I didn't ask if he's been tested. I know the guy dabbles in some bad things - hes a bit of a rocker, though usually in serious relationships only.

I just called him up now and asked him if he's been tested. He said he was but it was 4 years ago. So I'm really scared I may have got something from him if he has something.

I want to go get myself tested now but I know that some diseases, like hiv, don't show up for a while. When should I go get it done?

Giving a bj is considered a low risk activity. Get tested for hiv in three months, and again in 6 months.

As for other STI's and such, call the health dept. or planned parenthood or your GP and ask when and how you should be tested for other things.

I'd suggest that you don't do anything that carries a high risk of transmition with anyone until you're sure you don't have anything.

I dont think its a low risk activity at all. BOdy fluids are still transfered!

Like was suggested though, call your local planned parenthood or even your health department. They can advice you however, get tested for sexually transmitted deseases now, again in a few months, and further in six more months.

In fact, if having sex of any kind with anyone I would allways strongly recommend getting tested once a year anyway. You have nothing to lose and your personal peace of mind to gain! =)

Oral sex

Oral sex with an infected partner does carry some risk of infection. If a person sucks on the penis of an infected man, for example, infected fluid could get into the mouth. The virus could then get into the blood if you have bleeding gums or tiny sores or ulcers somewhere in the mouth.

The same is true if infected sexual fluids from a woman get into the mouth of her partner.

But infection from oral sex alone seems to be very rare, and there are things you can do to protect yourself.

article taken from link removed

I have a question related to this: I am a virgin. I know 99% that I have no STD (cause my mother also doesnt have). But if I still want to be cheked, what should I say to the doctor? Just ask for a STD check or what?

Yes, however Im sure your doctor would agree that you have no risk. If you are 21 and have never had any sexual relations of any kind you are pretty much in the clean zone........

I sent him a message online- which I hope he gets-- asking him to get tested for AIDS. I can go and get the STI panel, but I know that it takes 3-6 months for AIDS to show up, so I would have to worry about it for 3-6 months which I can't handle.

I'm really mad at myself...I'm usualyl so good about this stuff...I'm just really nervous...and I do have some cuts in my mouth

Hi there,

I wouldn't be too worried about getting diseases from a blow job, to be honest. Just had a quick scan at some of the websites:

"When scientists describe the risk of transmitting an infectious disease, like HIV, the term "theoretical risk" is often used. Very simply, "theoretical risk" means that passing an infection from one person to another is possible, even though there may not yet be any actual documented cases. "Theoretical risk" is not the same as likelihood. In other words, stating that HIV infection is "theoretically possible" does not necessarily mean it is likely to happen-only that it might. Documented risk, on the other hand, is used to describe transmission that has actually occurred, been investigated, and documented in the scientific literature."

Get tested if it puts your mind at ease, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers!

I made a HUGE mistake and gave a blow job to a guy who I didn't ask if he's been tested. I know the guy dabbles in some bad things - hes a bit of a rocker, though usually in serious relationships only.

I just called him up now and asked him if he's been tested. He said he was but it was 4 years ago. So I'm really scared I may have got something from him if he has something.

I want to go get myself tested now but I know that some diseases, like hiv, don't show up for a while. When should I go get it done?

Get it done now, and in 6 months again, assuming you don't have sex - protected or otherwise with someone who isn't recently tested.

Even if he gets tested he would need to get re-tested in approximately 6 months after not having sex. Sounds like that is highly unlikely. Just get tested on your own - on top of that he doesn't sound like a trustworthy guy. look, it's a blessing in disguise - the next time you'll know how awful you felt afterwards (and I am fairly certain you're fine).

Even if he gets tested he would need to get re-tested in approximately 6 months after not having sex. Sounds like that is highly unlikely. Just get tested on your own - on top of that he doesn't sound like a trustworthy guy. look, it's a blessing in disguise - the next time you'll know how awful you felt afterwards (and I am fairly certain you're fine).

Yeah, I'm definitely going to- I even set up an apt for tomorrow. But I can't know about the HIV test for sure for *at least* 3 months because thats how long it takes to show up. Totally sucky.

BJ's have a low risk because STD's cannot infect through the digestive tract. Also why you can guzzle snake venom and not have it affect you However as pointed out above, if you had even a small cut or sore in your mouth or throat with access to your blood, that dramatically increases the risk.