Why don't guys call?

SummerLove

its simple really, we forget, were males its what we do. we dont plan phone calls, we just ring when something important pops up

Not the males I am friends with and have been involved with. They are on the whole reliable and call when they say they will and if I am dating him seriously typically he will call once a day at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Simple question. My bf doesn't call me when he says he will. I don't get why. He says he cares about me and blah blah blah, but I just don't understand why he can't take 5 minutes to call me when he says he will! Why do guys have to be so complicated like that? One of my friends is going through the same thing. What is their deal?

Let me make you feel better and tell you that your not alone lol. Im a guy but I am going through the same thing myself just that I am the boyfriend and my girlfriend dosen't cally me at all I always have to start the convo an such issues. Well hope everything works out for the both of us.

What if he never specifically says he'll call, but just doesn't call you in a while??

It depends what works for the two of you - my boyfriend and I speak at least once a day - I don't keep track of who calls who but if he skipped a day without telling me in advance I would be very concerned that he wasn't ok -that's never happened. I am used to speaking with him that often but that wouldn't necesarily work for all couples of course. It depends how often you want to see each other, whether you are phone people, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

we are not all like that why do you girls have to be like that when you tell us that you will call us back but never do its like the never ending story by the way so I don't make you feel bad I am going through the same thing with my new girlfriend. Let's see what happens I might have to step in this whole thing and solve it lol right now the only thing that you could do is look at it and smile.

we are not all like that why do you girls have to be like that when you tell us that you will call us back but never do its like the never ending story by the way so I don't make you feel bad I am going through the same thing with my new girlfriend. Let's see what happens I might have to step in this whole thing and solve it lol right now the only thing that you could do is look at it and smile.

I was like that with my bf when I was 18. Then he just kind of said, "hey - that's not cool. don't say you're going to call if you're not going to." And he was totally serious when he said it. I felt totally And I definitely didn't do that to him anyone.