Going out with girls...help plz!

MystikalDawn

Ok, I'm 17 years old and currently in my last year of high school, it's kind of hard to explain so I'l do my best, a few years ago I went out with a girl 3 different times, she left me 3 times, every time for other guys...ever since then when I start to feel attracted to someone and start to feel like they are attracted to me I get scared, scared that the same thing will happen again, getting dumped for other ppl, I mean I really loved her, when we broke up I started to see a phyciatrist twice a week and got on Effexor XR (depression pills), anyways I'm over her now...but the thought of getting in another relationship kind of scares me, and I'm nervous that I will live the rest of my life lonely because I'm too scared to get into a relationship. What should I do??? thx

Calm down, you're still young and it may feel like your going to be alone, but there a lot of good people out there who won't mistreat you.

Maybe a relationship isn't for you right now, you can be alone, but still be happy. You're a senior so are you going to college next year? If so, then any girl you date now may mean a big decision to break up or do an LDR when you or she go to school. It might be good to wait until you're in college, there are a lot more people and you're more likely to be with like minded individuals in your major.

Yeah mabey your right, I am going away to college next year doing Aircraft Structural Repair...I'm not really a fan of long distance relationships either so if I did get into a relationship now chances are it would end up in a break up and I'm not very good at handling thoes lol. I've also thought about waiting to see how I feel about relationships after I finish college...Part of me feels that a relationship will distract me from school and college...On the other hand I feel kinda lonely and would like to be with someone but am too scared to take my chances. thx though for your reply.

Scary though it may seem break-ups start getting easier the more you have. You get the confidence from having survived a few and knowing that partners can be replaced.

I would advise going back with exes, unless the reason(s) you split have been adequately resolved on both sides.