Another Hair Question

Ok I come from a place where we still have well water. I move to the city and the water here doesn't have the minerals in it and the chlorine is murder on my hair. It was smoothe, straight, and strong now it has texture, its still straight and breaks easily. My hair was fine and now it's getting course. I hate it. I can't do anything with it. I eat my fruits and my vegetables so I know it is the water. I was wondering if there were any hair product anyone could recommend to help this problem. I really want my old hair back.

Stay away from products on your hair that have any alchohol in them as this can be damaging to your hair, as the others suggested, using a leave in conditioner on your hair can work wonders.

Also there are deep conditioning treatments that you can do monthly or so to help keep moisture in.

matrix is great, but then I have curly hair.

Water can not change the texture or thickness of hair..........Hair changes as we get older, (along with other things!)........Use good professional products, try to stay away from blow dryers and curling irons when possible and get the ends trimmed regularly.

Actually, a high concentration of artificially added chemicals in water will change the texture of hair/skin when used on a regular basis. These days you will find a lot of flouride and chlorine added in water, which will have a bad influence on the skin and hair.

The best way to fix it is using a flouride/chloride filter and using a good shampoo and conditioner. I use Aubreys Organics and the texture is still soft and silky. If your skin gets too dry, then use a good moisturizer, preferably an organic one that does not have unnecessary chemicals.

I dont know if it would help or not, but I use apple cider vinegar on my hair. It takes the product goo and build up out of my hair and leaves it super soft. When I use it I dont use conditioner. The smell is a bit much at first, but it does go away, (i promise) just rinse well in cool water. My mom has baby fine hair and not much of it and even she can use it. It works just as well as expensive clarifiers and its a lot easier on the budet. I use it when I notice my hair is dull flat and limp and it gives it an awesome boost.