He was drunk?

Haven

I know drinking lowers your inhibitions. But does it make you do things you've always secretly wanted to do? Or does it make you do things you would never do, and are only doing because your judgement is compromised?

The reason I'm asking is because I was watching a movie in my room with a drunk friend last night. (He wasn't that drunk, by the way. He kept apologizing about being drunk, but it wasn't even that noticeable.) During the movie, he put his arm around me, and at some point started trailing his fingers lightly up and down my arm. And also did some other similar things. (We were lying really closely together on the bed.)

I know it doesn't sound like much.. but we're definitely not the touchy-feely kind of friends, he'd never put his arm around me before or anything. So.. I'm not sure if he's always wanted to do these things, or if he was only doing them because he was drunk. There have been signs in the past that he may like me as more than a friend, but.. I don't know. I'm totally lost.

WOuld you ever think of him more than friends?I have used a excuse of drinking to find out if a friend wanted more than just friends.I was not confident enough to say it.I knew if i was rejected i could blame it on the liqour.I was about 20 then.It was childish but but i had no confidence.Girl and guy friends are so hard to just keep it that way.One side can change there mind at any time.Trust me i have been in the frustrating i love this girl and we are just friends relationship.But my question is would you consider dating him or do you want it to stay as friends?

Hi Haven

Agree with Craig, that he might have downed some booze to give himself some courage.

Now, I'm not proud of this, but I have to admit in the past I've got a bit drunk deliberately, before making a move. So I can say the next day (if it doesn't work out) 'man, I'm never drinking again'...and if he responded, then woo hoo, not that drunk after all! It's very shameful...

So, as DN said, how do you feel about him in turn?

I do like him a lot as a friend and as a person. I wouldn't be against anything happening between us, except it seems highly unlikely now. Because if he really did do that to give himself courage, then that means everything I did last night could be taken as a kind of massive rejection. Since I held back from responding to anything he did, since I wasn't sure if he was just doing it because he was drunk or not. I kind of hate myself right now.

COuld you call or sit with him and say "hey what happened the other night,i was kinda confused.How do you think of us?How would you describe our relationship?DONT BE UPSET WITH YOURSELF.You have no reason to.WHo knows maybe he was just being goofy.Only you will be able to figure that out.HOw did you respond to it?Was it real bad?

People do strange things.Its almost cryptic.I do something and you figure out the real meaning.I have done strange things.I have had girlfriends that i would sleep with in the same bed for about a year.Man she was hot.BUt i knew we were friends and thats it.I did what your friend did.JUst to see where i stood instead of coming out and saying,"Hey this is how my feelings have changed for you".I didnt want to lose her as a friend.We had so much fun together,and i didnt want to lose that.Dont feal bad.Take into consideration what you have to go on.

HOw did you respond to it?

I just didn't respond to it. I didn't pull away, but on the other hand I didn't do anything to get closer to him. I could have easily gotten us to the point where we were holding hands or spooning, but I didn't.

I can't decide if I want to call him or not. I don't feel like I can be so blunt with him like you suggested... I don't know. Thanks for the comments.

Well i guess the way i said that would sound blunt.Use your own way.Or you can leave it alone and wait for another drunk moment.That doesnt sound the way you handled it was massive rejection.Standing up and kicking him in the head would be massive.You sounded just confused.Honestly that could be scary in a situation you were not ready for.I would be the same way"how do i respond".How long have yall known each other.

I've said it a million times....

If alcohol were a truth serum, then every witness on trial would be required to drink by the judge.

Would you trust the testimony of a drunk witness????

Alcohol makes people say a whole ton of stupid stuff, some true, some lies, and some stuff way out in left field.

I've said it a million times....

If alcohol were a truth serum, then every witness on trial would be required to drink by the judge.

Would you trust the testimony of a drunk witness????

Alcohol makes people say a whole ton of stupid stuff, some true, some lies, and some stuff way out in left field.

Oh. Well, I've seen him when he was really drunk, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't nearly as drunk as he said he was. Also, no lines at all were crossed, so it's not like he was "way out in left field" or anything.

Oh. Well, I've seen him when he was really drunk, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't nearly as drunk as he said he was. Also, no lines at all were crossed, so it's not like he was "way out in left field" or anything.

If that is the case, then chances are he was perfectly lucid at that point of time. He probably wanted to test waters, i.e. to see how you feel about him. If you like him back, give him more encouragement! Flirt with him more often!

Good luck!