A year ago tonight I was in shock after getting dumped, and was busily planning a tidy exit from life by my own hand. My plans fell apart. The next morning I was locked in a nuthouse with severely impaired people watching the same 9-11 story you'll see rehashed tomorrow.

A year later, I'm stronger and in some ways even happier, thanks to a number of good people, many of them on this forum. You know who you are.

Thanks all. You've been wonderful.

Dako, your ex's loss is our gain, lol. Don't know if that helps. But I selfishly can't help but think that!

Seriously, you've accomplished a great deal this year, taken the hugest risk of all: get on with living when your immediate life crashes all around you.

I hope you realize how much tremendous character and courage that called for. You should be proud of having such virtues, friend. They're rare.

Dako~

Your posts have helped me so much since I found this site. I love to read them, funny, sad, wise, or inspirational, I look forward to them. It helps people

so much to find a place like this, and people like you to help. Thanks~I

will raise my glass to you as well. I wish you everything good as you continue on your journey. Take good care~

Lone

• 2 weeks later...