Why doesn't my hair grow????

I know it sounds weird...but it's true! my hair hasn't grown since I was like 13. I'm now 22!!!! what the heck???? I mean I do use alot of chemicals to straighten it and flat irons and stuff, but I HAVE to! I've tried trimming it like people say to do, but that doesn't help!! I also have to thin it because it's so thick! could that be it??? if so....how can I get it to grow!!! heeelp!:silly:

My hair is the same way.It grows very slow.But i just get my hair braided twice in a row than i get it relaxed ,ever since i started doing that it has started to grow better.Do u get ur hair braided?If so what kind of braids?There are some braids that break ur hair off and keep it from growing.

Im not sure exactly what it is that braids do that make ur hair grow but i know if u get cornrows it will really help ur hair grow.If u decide to ever get braids be sure to never get individual braids.It really breaks off ur hair.And possibly try not to use too many different products cause they could ruin ur hair really bad,they could make ur hair fall out.Some products can mess up ur scalp and make ur hair grow very slow.Which is what probably happen.

First, try to not overprocess your hair. If you must straighten your hair, use an ionic hair straightener, it causes very little damage to your hair. They make ionic ceramic straigtening irons for a relatively fair price now. Same with blowdryers, use an ionic blow dryer.

Doctors believe that excess DHT is an apparent cause of hair loss (or stunted growth). The causes of hair loss aren't well defined; however, researchers have uncovered that men with male pattern hair loss have increased levels of DHT in the balding area of their scalps. Individual hair usually follows a cycle of expansion, falling out, and new expansion. However increased levels of DHT are believed to contribute to the shortening of the expansion phase (your situation yvette) and a shortening of the time it takes for the hair to fall out. This results in thinning of the hair on the scalp.

You can give these homeopathic aids a try if you want:

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that survives in 3 major chemical forms: pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine. It performs a wide kind of functions for your body and is essential for your fantastic health and hair expansion. For instance, vitamin B6 is needed for even more than one hundred enzymes involved in protein metabolism. It's also essential for red blood cell metabolism. The nervous and resistant systems require vitamin B6 to function efficiently, and it's also needed for the conversion of tryptophan to niacin.

Biotin is section of the Vitamin B complex and is a vitamin supplement necessary for sound hair, scalp and nails. Biotin will help with the condition of the hair and the scalp as well. Just put...Biotin is Hair Food.

Magnesium is an essential mineral and plays an crucial role in energy metabolism, protein synthesis, neuromuscular transmission bone structure and hair expansion.

Zinc is necessary for a fit body, and is also of apply in fighting skin problems like acne, boils and sore throats. It's further needed for cell division, and is needed per tissue of the hair, nails and skin to be in top form. Zinc is further utilized in the expansion and maintenance of muscles.

Saw Palmetto acts by lowering DHT in the body and by blocking five alpha-reductase. Saw palmetto blocks the receptor sites on cell membranes that are expected for the absorption of DHT. Since Saw palmetto blocks the employ of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is a similar causative factor in Androgenetic Alopecia, it's a powerful herb in this hair expansion formulation.

Nettle root blocks two enzymes, 5a-reductase, which makes the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and aromatase enzyme, which makes estrogens. Studies showed that nettle root extract was efficient in inhibiting these two enzymes which was a leading cause of hair loss.

Gotu Kola is related to the and supports the integrity of hair expansion, collagen and skin. It can help heal minor wounds and skin irritations, help assure blood vessel integrity, and promote circulation throughout the body, including to the brain. A long-standing tonic rejuvenator, it's said to help concentration and memory.

Pumpkin (Cucurbita Maxima) The oil extract from pumpkin seeds is also a natural hair loss remedy that is believed to effect levels of testosterone in the body. The beneficial effects of pumpkin seed extract as a hair loss guide are however under investigation. It's believed that the extract infects the androgen levels of diseases and so might have an influence on the androgens that are responsible for hair loss.

Eleuthero Formerly Siberian Ginseng, (Glandular) is a member of the ginseng family, though it's of a different genus than more popular ginsengs like the Panax kind. Along with more ginsengs, it's an extended history of being utilized to help restore concentration, increase energy and promote fit hair and nail expansion.

Uva-Ursi soothes, strengthens, and tightens irritated & inflamed tissues. The herb neutralizes acidity in the urine, increasing urine flow, so reducing bloating & water retention, making it beneficial for hair expansion.

Muria Puama plays an significant role in energy metabolism, protein synthesis, neuromuscular transmission bone structure and hair expansion for both men and women. Also help with stress management, nervous system stimulation, virility, and overall health.

Do you have really curly hair. I am sure your hair grows. If you have curls then it will obviously look shorter than someone who has stick straight hair. My one friend had super curly hair and it never seemed to grow either until she would comb it out wet or straighten it. Then it would be super long.

Some people grow hair faster than others so they can get away with damaging their hair more than those of us who's hair grows slower.

First, get a good trim of all the split ends then do VERY little to it for a few months to get some growth. Use a good conditioner (from a salon) leave it on for a few minutes and do this everyday! Second, use a deep conditioning treatment once a week or a hot oil treatment! Should help!

.If u decide to ever get braids be sure to never get individual braids.It really breaks off ur hair.

Thats only true for some people & its probably b/c they either have too many chemicals on their hair already & its damaged.

I get my hair individually braided quite a bit & I have no breakage whatsoever. My hair is really healthy. Braids are so great b/c they are a protective style. I always use a really good conditioner before I braid my hair.