Gifts for 2 guys I don't know well

Hi all,

I'm going to Ireland on Monday for a couple of weeks to visit some friends. The people I'll be staying with --- 2 of them are my former roomates who are also close friends of mine, 1 of them is a guy I met a couple of times when I was in Cork and would consider him to be a friend but not a close one, and the other guy I don't really know. I'm planning to get them all gifts as a thank you, but am not sure what to get the 2 guys. I'm finding it difficult to decide what to get because they are guys and because I'm not all that close to them. Still, I should get them something as a thank you. Any ideas? On my last night with them, I was planning on taking the 4 of them out to dinner as a thank you. But I don't want to show up empty handed.

So any suggestions on what to get the guys? I thought about getting them some small bottles of Canadian whiskey ( since they are accustomed to drinking Irish whisky, I thought they might want to try some of our stuff ) I'm scared of packing the bottles it in my suitcase in case they break. I can't bring them on the plane because of the new regulations. What do you think of the whisky idea?

Thanks for your feedback!

you could still do the whiskey, but wrap the bottles well (use a T-shirt) and then stuff it in a small, solid tupperware container. I think that should keep it from potentially breaking. I just put two pieces of framed art in my checked luggage, wrapped them in my clothes, and they both made it through ok!