Stealing poetry ***************

Sally00

I just want to say to be careful posting your poetry... because anybody can just steal it and not give you credit at all...

And I don't think it matters on how good you think your poem is.

It can be really good to someone else.

That's why I don't post my poetry and photography.

Just thought I'd give ya'll the heads up.

I just want to say to be careful posting your poetry... because anybody can just steal it and not give you credit at all...

And I don't think it matters on how good you think your poem is.

It can be really good to someone else.

That's why I don't post my poetry and photography.

Just thought I'd give ya'll the heads up.

That is a good thing for people to think about when posting here. I have seen a lot of great poetry posted here. It would be awfully easy for someone to take it and make it their own. I am not sure what it would take to have your work protected, before you post. I guess that would involve a copyright or something.

That is a good thing for people to think about when posting here. I have seen a lot of great poetry posted here. It would be awfully easy for someone to take it and make it their own. I am not sure what it would take to have your work protected, before you post. I guess that would involve a copyright or something.

Exactly. I don't know how to get something protected either. But even if I had this ---> ©, I'd still be hesitant posting it.

I would LOOOOOVE to show off my works of art... but there's no way I can trust all these strangers.

That is a risk you take posting stuff on the internet. The trade off is that many people get to read your poems. You have to decide whether the trade off is worth it.

I agree

I suppose for me, while it would really upset me and make me angry - at the end of the day I'd still prefer people to read/see what I had to say. If just one person's life is effected by what i have written, then its worth it.