How can guys turn an ordinary date into a highly

workaholic

romantic evening for our ladies? I'm interested in buying things or having items on hand that are excellent for her, besides flowers and chocolates. Any good romance tips for a third-date situation?

What about our persona? I feel that I'm a gentleman at heart but it's been a long while since I've acted "romantic" towards a girl.

Well what I am impressed with is a man who holds the door for me. Opens my car door. Its old fashioned but nice. I think just being in the moment is romantic. If you want to surprise her with something put a little gift under her seat in the car or in the glove box and ask her to get something in those places. Nothing big perhaps her favorite candy, a Starbucks coffee card if she likes coffee, or a really nice smelling lotion.

You dont have to impress a girl by buying her chocolates or taking her out to eat an expensive meal. Most women just like it when a guy treats her well, respects her, takes the time to know her and what she likes to do. Me, I like a guy who takes the time to hang out with me, do stuff that we can share in and takes the time to listen to me and pay attention to stuff I say.

I agree with Elektra, something small can go a long way. Sometimes just a card can be really nice. Most of us also like a bit of affection too, like opening doors, holding hands, a hug, a peck on the cheek or lips, stuff like that.

All this talk is making me wish I had a bf

If its a first date I wouldnt give her any gifts. You are just getting to know her and by trying to impress her with gifts you risk making feel obligated and thinking "why does this guy have to buy me off." Dont get me wrong if every date I went on gave me $100 I'd be a happy man however it does nothing to impress me as to what kind of person she is and what her personality is like. Thats whats important. The point of dating is to get to know the other person and whether they are someone you want to be committed to, not the other way around, and not to impress them with material thigns. You are trying to sell your personality.

If its someone you have been dating for a while and comitted to then I would stay away from cliche items as must as possible. How original is a box of choclates and flowers? I mean every guy has given that at some point and every girl has received it at some point, well almost every. Try somethign unique that says you listen to her. My ex likes sour candies so sometimes on the way from work I would get some petrol and sometimes pick some sour candies up for her. Just a way to say I was thinking abou tyou. Nothing over the top, and none too expensive.

It really isn't what you spend or what you buy - it's the thought and emotion behind it. Surprises are good!

Some of the most romantic times for me were so silly and small, but meant a lot.

Spontaneous acts of kindness/sweetness.

Think of what she likes. Tiny mementos from the evening are nice. Paying plenty of attention to her is nice. Remember what she talks about or comments on: women often will guide you and give you all the info you need to woo her like crazy if you are paying attention!

It really all is about her. Be very personal: if she is an athlete, her idea of romance may be very different from the girl who is in love with books.

I also don't think that having flowers or chocolates on hand is the way to have a romantic time. those are better to give as a surprise to celebrate your anniversary or something, but not now....

I think a nice "surprise" would be to take her to a really cool cafe or wine bar that no one knows about and is very tucked away and hidden with nice ambience, dark lighting, so you can talk and have drinks.

good luck!

Dont go overboard on the first few dates. Giving her flowers and presents is saying..." i dont think you will like me so i'll bribe you with all these nice things". Trust me girls see through this like glass. So what you should do is just go to a above average restaurant...be a gentlemen, but also confident and funny, pay for the bill, do the kiss test and just have fun. The kiss test will let you know where you stand. Just lean in 90% and let her do the other 10%. If she doesnt kiss back then there is a good chance there isn't going to be a second date unless she's the type to not kiss on the first date. I would personally do the kiss test on the 2nd or 3rd date. If she does kiss back make sure the kiss only lasts a few seconds and then say good night cuz you want her to want more.

My guy came and picked me up for our first date. He brought a pretty red rose, and he was a perfect gentleman all night. I was pretty impressed.

Keep in mind, it's not really about the dollar amount, it's more about the fact you're showing her that you think highly of her and you are willing to put some effort into impressing her.

Im taking the guy im dating on a late night picnic tomorrow night...

It will be our first date

Im a bit scared, I have no idea what foods he likes or anything

Im going to put some effort in and do some baking for it too...