Birthday poem

atticus

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share this poem I wrote my girlfriend for her birthday! I'll make a card and this will be on it (her birthday is not until a few days..) anyways, I hope she's not registered here and reads this, or the surprise will be blown and I'll regret posting it! haha.. I doubt it though - I hope at least!

Anyways, I'm getting her a book link removed (I think this would make a very nice gift...) It'll be interesting to look at as well as to share. so that's suitable. and I'm getting her a little necklace with a small heart on the end.

overall I think it'll be an awesome present, and the poem just makes it so much better. I'm really proud of it i'm sure you can tell. hehe

before I show you the poem, a little insight. she messaged me with a few lines from the kids song 'Some of my favorite things' thinking I wouldn't know it, I recognized it, and messaged her back a few other lines from the song. that's where the brown paper packages tied up with strings part comes from.. but here it is, tell me what you think:

dearest lover,

even though it's your birthday today,

you've figured out almost all the surprises ive made,

I've tried my hardest to keep some of them secret,

Away from you, is where I tried to keep it,

but now the time has come to let two of them go,

one's quite big and the other one's quite small,

wrapped in brown paper packages - like your favorite things,

I even tried my hardest to tie them with strings,

but the point of today is for you not to care

but to make you smile and to make you aware

that you're so special to me in all that you do,

happy birthday my love, I'll always love you!