Hair spray/gel recommendations?

It's been several years since I've used any kind of hair spray or gel. I have reasonably short, straight hair (and I got it cut today, so it's even shorter). I don't hate my hair or anything, but I just want to try something new. I'm not trying to form a mohawk or anything close to that; just some edge, a new hairstyle.

When it comes to hair products, I have no idea what's good. Does anyone have any recommendations for a hair spray/gel that can be bought at the store?

I bought the cheapest bottle they had, just to try it. Best stuff I've ever used. It's blue and comes in like half gallon bottles. I don't know the brand but I can find it if you want. It's generic. It doesn't flake like every other gel I've used. I don't like moose (don't know how to spell it the French way) or hair spray. They are too sticky and don't hold like gel does. I don't have much hair, just the little thing in front, and it works perfectly. Saves me a few bucks too!

Depends on what you're going for. Post a pic.

For straight hair, I recommend going to Wal-Mart and picking up some Dep Gel @ Endurance Hold or get the Pomade. Slick your hair forward and spike your bangs up, but give it a little twist. It'll look nice, but casual.

What the texture of your hair (course/fine) and what kind of style are you going for (spikey/natural/tamed)?

I'm pretty sure I have "fine" hair. And I'm going for a more spikey look... like the hair in this photo (roughly)

link removed

My son is 20 and when he was doing a similar style, he used a product called

got2B* glued distributed by Fatboy Concepts. It seemed to do a great job holding and he said it was not sticky. They have several other hair products. I just do not know where he purchased it.

Wow thats a toughy.

You'll need a gel for that look, but with fine hair you'll need to keep the gels light. Don't glop it on. I think that creams are supposed to be light weight and still offer hold. You'll want to get a gel that gives some shine (since they can be dulling) but not to much (so it still looks natural). I'm not so sure about what gels there are out there, but cheap isn't always the best.

CarnelianButterfly ] Wow thats a toughy.

You'll need a gel for that look, but with fine hair you'll need to keep the gels light. Don't glop it on. I think that creams are supposed to be light weight and still offer hold. You'll want to get a gel that gives some shine (since they can be dulling) but not to much (so it still looks natural). I'm not so sure about what gels there are out there, but cheap isn't always the best.

got2B* glued* distributed by Fatboy Concepts. It seemed to do a great job holding and he said it was not sticky. They have several other hair products. I just do not know where he purchased it.

This stuff that I mentioned about my son using, always looked natural but yet held in place really well. He says that once its on the hair and drys that there is no stickiness.

I have fine short hair, and to get this sort of messy look, I use Fudge hair shaper. It's expensive, but there is really nothing like it

Cheaper if you're from Australia, because that's where it's from.

Ilse

got2B* glued distributed by Fatboy Concepts. It seemed to do a great job holding and he said it was not sticky. They have several other hair products. I just do not know where he purchased it.

Hey,

I just got back from the store. I bought that one (got2B)... but not "glued". It's in small clear bottle.. has blue gel. I put some on a couple minutes ago, and it seems to do the job just fine. But I just got my hair cut fairly short yesterday, so I have to let it grow some more before it really starts to look different.