so dont tell me its all their fault

even if theyve done wrong

there must have been something you did

to let it come along

if love was meant to be

im sure it would happen

but its not all about the pretty picture

its one hell of a confusing pattern

i was gonna continue but the whole point is x relationships are meant to be 50/50.

my boyfriend hurt me like. i dont know. horrendously bad. BUT im pretty sure, infact i know. I could have done alot more to avoid that. Maybe... Maybe someone is perfect and it wasnt there fault. BUT

relationships are 50/50... work the rest out.

itd be so easy to blame -

everything on you

Its always easy to point fingers at the other person. That way we don't have to look into the mirror and take responsibility for our actions. Thing is... when we do this, we don't learn the lesson and we continue to make the same mistakes in subsequent relationships.

but lets not be selfish

even after this - you dont deserve

for the world to be crushed

once love to be unheard

This one gets me... because as above, why throw the baby out with the bath water... YOU LOVED deeply at one time. Lets be adults here and say we've come to an impasses.. a fork in the road... and we as a couple can't continue. Don't make a mockery of the beautiful thing there once was. I think its EGO and pride. If a relationship is NOT right for one person... its no longer a relationship. If two can not come to an accpetable compromise they can both live with... why torture each other? and why make a mockery of the good times.

but you were my everything

i wouldnt take it away

push me back 3 years

id live it the same way

because you gave me happiness

a whole lot of times through

i wouldnt be me now

if there wasnt ever you

I like this... because I do believe people come to you for a reason, a season or a life time. I don't regret my failed marriage... I am the woman I am today for the lessons that I have learned. Yeah... I could have done a little less with the pain, however the most valuable lessons are hard one... and the Wisdom gained precious.

people make it sound simple

how a relationship burns at one end

lets be honest with each other

the pain equally ascends

EXACTLY... nothing is black and white. There are many shades of gray and to those on the outside things may look simple. Why? No emotional involvement and the perception is different. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that both parties in the couple go through the PAIN of severing the relationship. BUT.. its always the one who is "dumped" that feels like they carry the biggest burden. Quite possilby the dumper has already processed the grief.. however, they grieve no less.

so dont tell me its all their fault

even if theyve done wrong

there must have been something you did

to let it come along

Accpeting responsibility for ones actions. That is a difficult thing to do. Humbling. We all make mistakes and there's a reason for every choice we make. Sometimes we really screw up because we make flash decisions. Its ok... we're human.

if love was meant to be

im sure it would happen

but its not all about the pretty picture

its one hell of a confusing pattern

THIS is very very true. Its not all about the glitz and the glamour or all the stirring of emotion that we feel at the beginning of the relationship. When it gets down to brass tac's what it comes down to is... entrusting the other person with our lives and our ego's... hearts or whatever you would call it. TRUST... HONESTY.... and there can be no LOVE if you do not trust your partner... or if one of you has been dishonest. None. Maybe I'm jaded and thats something I HAVE to work through... I just don't have time for BS... I don't want to have to second guess or question.

Hey... thanks for the POEM... grin... very good.. it struck a chord with me and made me think.. and THAT is the sign of a good piece of writing.

i was gonna continue but the whole point is x relationships are meant to be 50/50.

my boyfriend hurt me like. i dont know. horrendously bad. BUT im pretty sure, infact i know. I could have done alot more to avoid that. Maybe... Maybe someone is perfect and it wasnt there fault. BUT

relationships are 50/50... work the rest out.