Misanthropes need love too

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, misanthropy is not a recognized pathology according to the DSM.

Regardless of how you label it, it is clearly not mentally healthy for you, there are deep-rooted reasons for this problem (parents?) and thus a solution to it.

hmmmm....an androgynous misanthrope....very interesting indeed.

Sounds like you could have quite a bit of fun by yourself if you were so inclined.

Throw pessimissim and a good ol' dose of autophobia and i'd say you're doin' alright.....

LOL!!! How did you know about my autophobia? I was just about to post a new thread!!!

Regardless of how you label it, it is clearly not mentally healthy for you, there are deep-rooted reasons for this problem (parents?) and thus a solution to it.

Yes, there is and it's called experience. Perhaps a proper and effective solution would be self-induced amnesia.

Now if it's that strong then I would control myself as soon as I'm starting to feel the affects. I wouldn't want to experience a drunken night, it would not make a good story at all!!!!!!!!

No Ailec, LOL, It's actually incredibly not strong, in college it's what the guys called a, female-dog drink.

I say embrace this line of thinking and really live it. Sooner or later you'll get it out of your system...

And it's good to learn to love yourself and live your own life. It will create a more solid basis for a lasting relationship, one where you share your life with someone else instead of making them the source of it...

I say embrace this line of thinking and really live it. Sooner or later you'll get it out of your system...

And it's good to learn to love yourself and live your own life. It will create a more solid basis for a lasting relationship, one where you share your life with someone else instead of making them the source of it...

If, and only if, you are lucky enough to find someone to share your life with, true, true indeed then.

If, and only if, you are lucky enough to find someone to share your life with, true, true indeed then.

I bet if you smiled more you would find that someone sooner...you look like you're about to walk out the door and beat someone's a-s with a baseball bat in your avatar...

I bet if you smiled more you would find that someone sooner...you look like you're about to walk out the door and beat someone's a-s with a baseball bat in your avatar...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I see, so if I put on some makeup, wore a push-up bra, smiled and bat my pretty little lashes, I wouldn't be here posting my troubles on ENA, on this lovely Saturday evening. Thanks friscodj, gonna go find that perfect man, once I find my mascara.

I agree with Frisco. In all your avatars you have had a fierce look on your face. It can be intimidating to others. I have that problem too so I know. Frisco is right a smile does wonders!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I see, so if I put on some makeup, wore a push-up bra, smiled and bat my pretty little lashes, I wouldn't be here posting my troubles on ENA, on this lovely Saturday evening. Thanks friscodj, gonna go find that perfect man, once I find my mascara.

I think you take yourself to seriously. I dont think he said anything about prettying yourself up for a centrfold pictoral. He merely said to smile.

I agree with Frisco. In all your avatars you have had a fierce look on your face. It can be intimidating to others. I have that problem too so I know. Frisco is right a smile does wonders!!!

I am an intense person who is sometimes perceived as being fierce, such is my life, what can I do about other people's perceptions, esp. when I am at times quite fierce.

Also I do smile, I smile a lot, and I laugh even more than I smile.

I'm saying that you probably have a lot to smile about in your life and a pretty smile. Showing it off will probably make you more attractive on many levels...to yourself as well...