The Alienating Affects of Androgyny

TheRedQueen

RedQueen, having read a few of your posts in other threads, you seem to have issues with men that border on manhating. Whether or not a man has feminine qualities, he is going to find this a major putoff. I honestly think this is much more alienating than whatever androgynous characteristics you might have. You claimed to have trouble getting along with both sexes and this is just my observation.

I know many people who have androgynous personalities who have no problem with alienation.

RedQueen :

I completely understand what you're saying here, and actually related to some of what you shared.

On the surface ... the non-verbal expressions of 'who I am' show no signs of androgyny. When I speak is another story altogether.

I'd like to think that the people you feel you're "alienating", are the people who you are naturally pushing out of your life. Intelligent, open-minded people will be less inclined to pin a label on you or judge your manner. In fact, just the opposite.

As a child I was mostly socialized around boys. Two older brothers, several male cousins, many of my friends were boys. Because of this, I think that I developed a more aggressive, not-easily-intimidated, outgoing personality. I still find that it's almost impossible to develop new and interesting relationships with females - and not because I don't want to.

Embrace who you are; so you don't "fit in" with what society and the media consider "feminine". We're practically conditioned to only accept certain characteristics as being attractive. I respect people who reject that 'standard' and are fearless enough to BE who they ARE. If you ask me, it takes a hell of a lot more originality, courage, and individuality to be different than it is to be exactly the same. Nobody ever remembers the herds of sheep who fall perfectly into line ... we tend to remember diversity and someone or something who is brave enough to be different.

RedQueen, having read a few of your posts in other threads, you seem to have issues with men that border on manhating. Whether or not a man has feminine qualities, he is going to find this a major putoff. I honestly think this is much more alienating than whatever androgynous characteristics you might have. You claimed to have trouble getting along with both sexes and this is just my observation.

I know many people who have androgynous personalities who have no problem with alienation.

Gee thanks, I guess I really am a messed up man-hating individual.

Gee thanks, I guess I really am a messed up man-hating individual.

I do not think that you are man-hating. You may just feel more comfortable to vent on men.

I respect you and would enjoy to listen to you and to have a conversation with you.

If you like you could open up a bit about your life and childhood. It can feel quite good to get things of ones chest.

I am interested in relationship and sexuality issues. I have more of an interest in women then men but I talk to men and their issues as well, with an increasing trend. Out of my posts here, the minority are sexuality related, with a decreasing trend.

I am more and more fascinated by how much our past affects us and how well we defeat ourselves by denying our past.