Effexor, Seroquel, Ambien = problems

I take all those meds and i have no sex drive. I am a 27 year old male and i'm with this girl now. She wants to fool around all the time and i have some kind ofmental block. When it comestime to ....yanno...i can get.....yanno....but can't ........yanno........ so anyway i am on 225 mg's of effexor 100 mgs of seroquel and 10 of ambien. no sex drive. talked to dr. and its common side effects. HELP

yeh i heard wellbutrin is great from alot of people.

i use to be on paxil, and it sucked and i was told to change to wellbutrin.. but the only reason i didnt go on it was i just didnt want to be on medication anymore.. im kinda against being on meds. for health reasons

Can you ask your DR. to try changing things around? If this is for bipolar, there are other meds you can try to help with that but as you well know, ppl with bipolar really need to take the meds to avoid the highs and lows!

There are definitely different meds for depression if the side effects are coming from that!

A sex drive is important and he knows that, I would really suggest trying different meds until he gets the whole 'cocktail' right for you.

No wonder you are having sex drive problems! It's not a mental block, it's a physical chemistry block from the meds most likely!

I would talk to your doctor about your options, there are other meds (like Wellbutrin) with lower reported sexual side effects.

You are being OVER MEDICATED!!!! There is no reason for you to be taking Ambien and Serequel at the same time. Serequel is not only an anti-depressent, it is a sleep aid as well. Stop taking both!!! Even if you were not taken Ambien, there is no reason for you to be taking Effexor and Serequel at the same time. Effexor is some pretty powerful stuff, it works on TWO neutrotransmitters (brain chemicals). Many anti-depressents only block reuptake of serotonin but Effexor blocks serotonin and norepeneprhine. Pick ONE and get rid of two. Talk to your doc again....I am shocked as HECK that you have been prescribed all three. Take care.