It's every breath you take away from me

And every smile you cast

It's the breath I try to hold

Hoping to make it last

It's every touch that tingles

And a gesture that flatters

But its whether there's truth behind saying

Where it really matters

Just this side of Heaven is a place called The Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill or old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together........

"so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart" - i hope your right. it makes you wonder just how long a absent heart can last without no incling of love, care, want. Maybe youll see im my next poem. But sometimes all that giving in a one sided relationship begins to make you think its nothing to do with absent hearts, but, forget.not everyone continues to care, love. people move on. but its harder when one person waits and gives so many opportunities and they are held like a card... waiting to be used only when the player wants to use it. to be out of control completely.. yet to love so much that sometimes you think your bad for thinking negatively in any minor way and you practically obey. well.. im not sure.people who stop living to hold onto a lot that isnt clear, are they naive? hopeful? what?neva x