My boyfriend had a job interview and he's really really wanting to get into another place for work. I don't know how big of a deal this particular place was to him, but I feel so bad.

I called him to see how it went but he was IN the interview! I thought he was either just getting home or, whatever that it was over with by then. He said he'd call me but I wanted to call when I realized he was probably home because I was happy for him.

I feel so bad, I called him back to get in touch and he told me. I felt so bad, said I'm sorry all of that.

I feel stupid too because he said it's not my fault and I should have probably not made a big deal like it was.

Because I realized, he should have been on that with either leaving his cell in his car or turning off the ring.

But still, I just feel so bad... can't really shake it off... and feeling like I shouldn't have gone on and on saying sorry because it really isn't my fault and wonder if I made him think it is, eehh.......

Martha

I think you have nothing to feel guilty about. It's his responsibility to turn his phone off. Don't worry about it: I'm assuming you don't know yet if he's gotten the job, maybe he'll get it, and if not, who's to know it's just because his cell phone rang!

I can relate to that.

My BF is the lead singer of a Heavy Metal Band called Final Eve. They played their first gig last night at a popular metal establishment. I have had bronchitis for the last week or so, and unfortunately my BF ended up catching the flu from me. Last night, his voice was so croaky and distorted, he could hardly sing! How BAD did I feel! I could see him shake his head in frustration every time he tried to pull off a scream or a growl! It sux, cause even though there wasn't much I could've done to prevent it, apart from not seeing him at all when I was sick, but when Im sick, I like nothing else but a cuddle and a movie, with my BF who gives the best cuddles in the world

But back to your story. I know you feel bad and there's not much you can do to change what you did, but why not treat him to a night out? Maybe dinner and a movie? or something more romantic? It might feel like a HUGE deal to you, but you mihgt find that ur boy is a little more understanding and realises you were only trying to be supportive

Good Luck

Yeah, I feel bad because I gave him a ring when he was in the interview, and the man interviewing him made a face. Which is understandable, but of course I just called that one time and gave it a good 45 minutes before calling again. I didn't even think he was still up there, let alone in the interview.

But yeah, he should have turned it off or left it in his car... I still feel so bad and I hope he doesn't miss out on this place because of me. He is sticking to the same line of work that he's in now, but his schedule, who he's working with, the lack of benefits, the pay, and everything is making him miserable. I feel awful if because of my call, they would reconsider employing him...

Phoenix, I think that is a very good idea, I will definitely do something nice for him specifically because of the call.

I hope it shows him how much I cared with my reaction too... but also hope I didn't make him think it was 100% my fault. It's just one of those things-- I looked at the clock, could have just waited for him to call because I was in no rush, but was excited to know how it went... Hopefully this wasn't for a "dream position" or anything =\

Don't feel bad.

It is your bf's responsbility to turn off his phone. Even if you hadn't called, someone else could have called him. Don't let your boyfriend get mad at you over this!

Don't worry. Things will turn out as they are supposed to.

But yeah, he should have turned it off or left it in his car... I still feel so bad and I hope he doesn't miss out on this place because of me. He is sticking to the same line of work that he's in now, but his schedule, who he's working with, the lack of benefits, the pay, and everything is making him miserable. I feel awful if because of my call, they would reconsider employing him...

again, it's not YOU, it's HIM. He should know to turn his cell phone off by now.