Dreams About Houses?

Hey, did anyone ever dream about houses? For years and years, I dream about houses. Always different houses, everytime. Most of them are big and fancy, with all these different 'wings' and 'suites'. But sometimes more modest ones. And I keep running through the halls and up and down the stairs all excited looking around to see everything, because this is my new house.

Now mind... I moved over 35 times before I was grown. So I didn't know if it's because of moving so much and that feeling of always anticipation. Or what?

One time I met a lady who was a dream interpreter. I asked her, and she said if you dream of houses the house represents your life. I wish one of these houses was mine, then maybe I will have one like that someday!

What's it all about?

I have dreamed about houses, but mostly it was about MY house being burned down, broken in to , or vandalized.

Once that I can remember I dreamed of this big huge house, something like a mansion or a castle , and I was running room to room in awe.

I have no clue what any of it means.

I love 'hack' analyzing dreams. There is a site I refer to every so often - Dream Dictionary. You should check it out!

I have dreams that build over time. Huge mansions and palaces, and with sucessive dreams, I explore new areas of the place. Somehow, I remember how to get around, and taught myself to 'leave' items in parts of the palace. I can go back and finish my business. It's cool and I like when I have those dreams (I never know when one will pop up). I feel like I am building the house bigger and bigger each time.

This is an exerpt from a dream dictionary I frequent (I'm a nutcase you see, I have stupid dreams!)

To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity. If the house is shifting, then it suggests that you are going through some personal changes and changing your belief system. If you live with others in your walking life, but dream that you are living alone, suggests that you need to take new steps toward independence. You need to accept responsibilities and be more self-reliant.

To dream that you are cleaning your house, signifies your need to clear out your thoughts and getting rid of old ways. You are seeking self-improvement.

To dream that your house is broken into, suggests that you are feeling violated. It may refer to a particular relationship or current situation in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that some unconscious material is attempting to make itself known. There are some aspects of yourself that you have denied.

To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking. If the house is new, then it indicates that you are entering into a new phase or new area in your life.

Hey, did anyone ever dream about houses?

Probably one of the worst dreams about a house I've ever had was that I was in a large glass house and for some reason it was in the bottom of the Artic ocean. The only thing I could see was a dark blue color of the water surrounding the glass house all around. Then suddenly I saw a contrast of black and white. Killer whales began appearing out of nowhere and crashing into the glass house, cracking it with their heads and tails. As water rushed in from all of the cracks in the glass- I woke up.

I often have dreams about the house I grew up in, as well as my grandmother's old house.

BellaDonna

Not to highjack the thread but speaking of reaccuring dreams, I dream that my teeth are falling out quite a bit. I looked that up and this is what came up...

link removed

Apparently, it is very common theme. So I do not feel that crazy! LOL