It's been a rough spring!

Has anyone else noticed that this spring (and year) has really been a time of trial, transition, and just plain tough?

I've noticed in my life and in all those around me that really tough things have been going on....REALLY tough, like people dying, people being diagnosed with horrible illnesses, people getting smacked with bad things left and right.

Do you think it's one of those "years of transition and change"?

Not only that but everyone is genuinely grouchy, not feeling that they are at the 'right place' in their lives and trying to move toward something else.

Well, maybe it's just like this every year but I was curious if anyone else has noticed this!!!

Yes, I have noticed. But I have also noticed people helping each other, people cycling, walking, swimming etc to raise money for charity. I have been out today to a park where there were children laughing and playing. The sun was shining, people were happy and enjoying the weather and each other's company.

In a few minutes my wife and I are going to share a bottle of wine with our neighbours.

So, all in all, I would rather be alive than the alternative.

Well, since the beggining of the year I decided that, as things weren't going my way, I would make things go my way. So yes, it has been a rough year for me. I've changed to different teams and technologies at work, so that only adds to the already stressing job. Decided to end up an unfulfilling relationship, and happily I ended up on a better one, etc.

So, yes, it has been a year of change for me, kinda rough, but a good one.

Aside from a few weeks near the end of semester, my spring has been pretty good, just lots of work related stress which isn't too bad. I've been so much happier this year than I can ever remember being. My winter was horrible, but spring was a really a time a new beginnings. I'm looking forward to summer, I think its going to be wonderful.

Well, this year, my boyfriend's dad died suddenly (within 5 weeks of diagnosis) from a nasty form of cancer, I had my worst bout of manic depression ever, both myself and my boyfriend battled against a flare-up of eating disorders, my mom is ill, I may well fail Art....

The world isn't overly nice.

However.

There's beer in the fridge...there's sushi at the supermarket... y'know?