another want-to-know-if-a-friend-is-gay story

hi.... im 17 and my best friend is also 17.... we study in the same school. before he was my friend, he was the best friend of my cousin, and he was always tellin my cousin "i love u" or "i miss you, my love". we always thought he was joking and i couldnt say anything contrary because i was not his best friend at that time. he acts straight.

this year, as i said, he has become my best friend.. we r always talking and we spend all our time together. he has confided a lot of secrets to me. when he talks to me, he looks into my eyes in a way that no one does. when he sits by my side, he usually puts his leg touching mine, and i (sometimes) respond puting my hand around his neck. i've also noticed sometimes he gets a little "wild" with me and touches me, but he makes it look like a joke. he also jokes that we will go on a trip and he will be my slave and i will be his servant, which was something all the girls laughed at. our friends say we will end up as a couple and he laughs at those comments. yeasterday, he invited me to his house and we were like sitting together talkin and he realized he hadnt seen his cell phone in a while, so he asked me to use my cell and call his to hear where it was... to my surprise, when his cell rang, the ringtone he has for my calls is a spanish love song i know he likes (and he knows i like it too).... at first it was fun, but then i realized it was strange. i didnt asked him about the song, but his eyes were tryin to say "hear that song its for u"...

i have a bi cousin and she says he wants somethin with me...

on the other hand, theres a girl who is flirting with him, she loves him. but when he asks her to go on dates and she says yes, he comes to me and ask me to go with them. i think he does that to make me see he doesnt even kiss her. i think shes jealous of me. I LIKE HIM. i dont know what to do... ive been reading this forum and i think i will come out to him very soon...

u r the experts.... from what ive told u... is he gay?

thanks so much for your help. sorry if something is written incorrectly, english is not my language.

Hard to say for sure if your friend is gay. He's the expert on his OWN sexuality. Many times friends mistake a glance or a touch as something more than just friendly contact. Does he talk about girls a lot, aside from asking this one girl out? What's his perspective on gays and bisexuals? I would find this out before outing yourself to him because if he's not flattered by your attraction or is homophobic you may find yourself with one less friend and in a very uncomfortable position.

thanks for that Ballys. well, his perception of gays and lesbians is open minded. we r on a catholic school and once we were divided in groups of 2 or 3 persons and we had to do an essay on legal gay matrimony and adoption. he was the other person in my group, and i was surprised that he was in favor of both causes. during our presentation we were asked about our opinions and we kept our position even going "against christian morality".

and about talkin about girls... he just talks about this girl he asked out, and another girl wo was his gf like 3 years ago for 3 months. other than that, there r no other girls mentioned in our conversations or in his conversations with other guys, because i use to hear my friends conversations with him and they talk about the other guy's girlfriend, not about the girls he likes.

thanks again

Okay, knowing those things is a good start. You should bring up in conversation if he's ever kissed another guy or thought about it. Then take the conversation from there and tell him how you feel about him, if you feel the positive vibe from him.

any other opinion on the situation??...... i have to add that he gave me a CD and told me to hear a specific song. theres a part of the song that says "i never thought i could want someone so much, forgive my indecision i am only a man"..... i told my bi cousin about the song and she was supporting the idea of me coming out to him.

sharing another part of my story: he was the reason i came out to the only person who knows im dealin with a confusion, because i dont know if im gay or bi. the person who knows my situation is my bi cousin. the day i came out i was in a concert and my cousin was there and i was with my friend. she looked at us and told me 'hey, that guy likes u... i know he looks at you in a special form'... then she asked what would i do if he kissed me and i said 'it would be ok'..... to me this was a total surprise because i always thought that coming out would be very difficult, and im happy it was a step i took... i must say i knew that she was bi so it made it easier, but it was my first conversation with her that took this direction. she says her "gaydar" tells her my friend is gay...

just wanted to share this

any other comments please post your opinions about my story

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

heres my update.... well since last time i wrote we have spent almost everyday together.... and yesterday we were at a friend's store and one of the girls who works there came to us and started askin questions.... and all of a sudden she comes to us and asks "do any of u have a girlfriend?".... we both said no... and she said "i knew it, you are a couple... oh such beautiful darlings are away of any girl's fantasy"... i was shocked by those comments, but he just looked at me and laughed. then we went to eat and he was sitting in front of me and looking directly to my told me "u know something, maybe one day we should go to a restaurant... if that girl saw us she would confirm we r gay"..... now im wondering if he said that like a joke or if he said it and he wants it to happen.... of course i think this is a great step to hopefully confirm his sexuality

honestly, i think hes gay. i cant think of one of my guy friends who would joke about that. nothign wrong with him being gay, and i COULD be wrong..but it doesnt seem that way to me. if youre straight, make SURE he knows.