Letting it all go ...

Well, I thought this thread was your "breakup buddy"??

I know what you mean...but sometimes NOT talking about it is better. I think sometimes talking about it perpetuates the thoughts and breathes life into it. Does that make sense? For me...focusing on other things helps more than

discussing what THEY may or may not be thinking...because really, Who cares??

You're doing good Keefy..... Hang in there.

I say talking about it because, in my case, I get tired of talking about it after a while and eventually that leads to me being tired of thinking about it. I exhaust myself of it mentally and before I know it, I'm not thinking of it at all. It helps and works for me.

It's a process...you're only on day 8. In 2 weeks you'll be in a much better place. Going "cold turkey" is tough....but it's better than the seeing her everyday torture. Don't feel bad if you think about her a lot initially, just try not to obsess about it. That's the key.

Keefy,

Reading your posts is like reading my own words. I like you have lived so much in the past and the future I never really lived in the NOW. As much as it is hard you will come out on top.

I also find that giving advice helps because you can turn that mirror around on yourself and think "why the heck am I not doing that?"

Keep your head up, look straight ahead, and don't keep looking back.

the words above are very very true. the best solution in helping yourself out is one that allows you to help others too. remember team. together everyone achieves more.

so in the process of healing, helping others heal goes a long way. just remember those who dwell in the past or doomed to forget the future. just as those who forget the past are doomed to repeat the same future.

hey keefy

me on day 10 of my nc, though the last communication we had was more of closure that i wanted to move on and i was glad that she found someone.(my way of acting tough) but the fact that hurt me down to my soul.now i realise i dont love her anymore,the pink cloud over my eyes is vanishing and i realise, putting things into perspective that she was not meant for me,and i was dragging the relationship to satisfy my ego,

now even if thoughts come i dont feel all that upset, maybe i m healing, NC is surely workin for me.you r right on the helping part,the more we give hope to each other and help those who need it, the faster we will come out of this mess.

though i m not completely healed but i m glad its begun,i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, keep it up mate cos i surely will, cheers