Divorce is strange

I just returned from a nice visit with my ex.

I told her she'd be a tough act to follow because she's a special woman.

She said guys like me are hard to come by.

We thanked each other for being kind, hugged and I left.

Not every divorce is a failure.

Its good to know not all relationships that end are riddled with animosity. I am sure the moment was bittersweet. Dako I think you will find someone who will strike your fancy again. Just enjoy your freedom and your new ride! Vrrrom Vrrrom

yeh Dako, I'm glad you posted that too.

That is strange in a good way, isn't it?

Some people are just better off having never been married.

Not to hijack your thread - it seems relevant - I was just talking to my cousin who's recently divorced. She and her ex have finally begun getting on like they did before they were married. They were really good friends before they screwed it up by sleepng together and throwing marriage into the mix.

Not saying that's your case, just relative...sort of.

We were just noting how some times when men and women click and really get on, they can easily mistake it for love when really, ALL it is, is that they just get on well.

Anyway, maybe that's more appropriate for the can men and women be friends thread but your post just reminded me of a conversation I JUST had.

Thanks for sharing.

-T

Dako,

I believe after some time two divorced people can actually be kind to eachother.After the BS is scraped away and some realization on both parties that no one was to blame and we all have a hand in the demise of the relationship, some peace, and honesty may emerge.

For example, My cousin is in the process of a divorce, they were married eleven years. They live apart and they have three children. Well Saturday was my godsons communion, (my cousins son) and at the church my cousin and his soon to be ex sat next to one another with their children and were whispering in eachothers ears and smiling and litely laughing. It was refreshing to see this from them, especially in front of their children.

Thanks for sharing Dako, i think it is good for people to see this positive behavoir from two people who are no longer married. Does it really have to be less than this?