Drug Testing

Ok, so I got this new job and had to take a drug test today. I'm actually a little worried, because I did smoke about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I talked to my friend and he said that if you've ever smoked in your life or if you've even been around people smoking week, that THC will show up in the drug screening, but that they only fail you if it's a really high level. I'm fairly small (5'3" 125lbs) so it should move through my system quickly but should I be worried? Plus the last time I smoked I only took like 2 or 3 hits I didn't get blazed or anything. I have to go into work tomorrow and thats when they'll get the results of my drug screening so quick replys are really appreciated. Thanks.

Funny - my friend works for the FBI. They asked her the same thing, told her that the testing will pick up anything that was done in the last 3 months. They told her, "if you have done something, just tell us, and we'll delay the drug test. It's easier to delay the drug test, than to have it come up positive, then you have a bunch of troubles to deal with." They really wanted her to join, so they put off the drug test.

The fact is, most 21, 22 year olds have had some exposure to drugs in the past few months.

What if you just told them the truth? That you took a few hits a few weeks ago, and that was it? That you're not a regular potsmoker, it was just a once in a while thing.

ok this goes beyond your question, which yes, i think it probably will be out of your system, since it was a while back.

something to keep in mind for future reference: i knew this guy who worked at a factory. window factory. any way one day a glass door broke and he cut his arm quite badly. so he had to get rushed to the hospital. at that point for whatever reason they found out he had been using drugs, and he wasn't supposed to use any for that employer. he was out of work for awhile, and, he was denied certain coverages and benefits, because they claimed the accident wouldn't have happened had he not taken the drugs, then he said the employer also made him go to drug counseling if he wanted his job back.

it's all about liability and insurability. i personally don't think a lot of employers really care whether you use drugs or not.

do poppy seed muffins make a person high if they eat enough?

I don't know

I'm sure that would be a lot of muffins to eat in order to get high! I'd have to look that up.

I know that my mom used to make these poppy seed strudles. I'd have several slices, which would contain tablespoons of poppyseeds at a time, and I never got high.

why is that funny? opiates come from poppy seeds. It only makes sense that it would show up on a drug test. it isn't a false positive at all.

I think its funny because I love poppy seed anything and don't do drugs at all, but with my carreer choice will have a drug test when I start my job and I'll have to be careful what I'll. Its funny too because my Mum tested positive for opiates, saw the results and being a nurse smacked herself in the head, she ate lemon poppyseed bread the day before the test.

do poppy seed muffins make a person high if they eat enough?

I think the sugar would get to you first.

Opiates are actually produced by the poppy seed pods. The milky substances the pods excrete when scratched is pure opium. The seeds contain traces amounts of narcotics and it takes like 4 poppy seed bagels to test positive (or half a loaf of poppy seed bread at my house, who needs measuring spoons just dump em). The opium poppy is the one used to produce opium for the pharmaceutical industries, while there are many varieties this is the one that is used to make morphine.

Ok, talked to my friend and he said that if you've ever smoked in your life or if you've even been around people smoking week, that THC will show up in the drug screening, but that they only fail you if it's a really high level.

this is untrue.. if you don't smoke much and only once in a while you would be fine unless you smoked in the last couple of months.. not sure how long it takes to get out of your system. sounds like annie knows about that. not even sure how much you need to smoke in order for it to show. i know when and if i ever did smoke, it was only one or two little puffs.. not much, it doesn't take much if you don't smoke lots. not a good thing to con't doing lots. it will cause you to become forgetful and lazy.. maybe more.

My friend has weekly drug tests because he is not supposed to use any drugs or anything, unless prescribed by the house doctor in which he has other tests done to go around that drug. They usually take around a week to leave the body ... thats why he is tested weekly!

• 2 weeks later...

It is probably hard to give a good time line on when drugs are completely gone from the body. Its probably alot that depends on the individuals own body systems.

I know of a guy that only smoked weed, very very rarely ( Once or twice a year) , and was not around people that did on a daily basis at all. It had been over two months since he last smoked, or been around anyone that did. He had to take a drug screen for a new job and felt sure with no doubt that it would come back clean.

BUT>>>>>>>>>> His drug screen came back positive for THC even after over 60 days of not having anything. He was totally bummed out over it, they did another test through another lab , and it proved positive as well. He lost out on a nearly $100,000 a year job because of it.

Yeah, but problem is companies can get better insurance rates on their employees if they call themselves 'drugfee'..so it's getting harder and harder to find a place that won't test 'em.

The only way the stupid war on (some) drugs will ever end is if individuals make sacrifices. One such sacrifice is eschewing employers who foster the hypocritical idea that casual drug use is in any way more harmful to an individual's job performance than casual alcohol use.