what a weird response..

hello everyone,

ok, this has been driving me. background: i've been seeing this guy.. we mostly just hang out and drink beers at his place or some of our friends'. he's kissed me a few times, he'll compliment me, contact me a lot.. so i feel like he likes me. however, i am still sort of dating an exboyfriend, and while this is all perfectly legal and i do not have anything exclusive with either of them, i'm not really good at "multitasking." i can't make a decision though. i'm just taking it slow and hanging out with both of them for right now.. the other night after i'd left, he told me i should stay with him the next night. he's never come on to me sexually or pressured me whatsoever, so i think it was less him really wanting to get laid and more.. wanting me to stay, if that makes sense. that's certainly the way it came off at least. we've taken it slow physically.. i said i wasn't sure about that, and that was pretty much it for that. anyway..

last night i drove up to a nearby city to see his band play, visit a friend, and give him and a friend a ride back. he was really appreciative, and we hung out afterwards. we just drank a lot of beers, had a good time (trying to cram in some fun before finals week!), he kissed me some and then we started sort of laying around, cuddling, whatever, which was a first.

i suddenly started feeling sort of bad about the other guy, though, and how i hated having obligations and complications. i was making a lot of allusions to it, and he told me he really understood, "more than i know," blah blah. he was nice about it, gave me chocolate, and asked if i wanted to talk about it. anyway, i left and texted him something like, "sorry, i'm just drunk.. and stupid.. i did want to stay though," because of what he'd said the other morning about me staying over (later today i saw on my phone he'd texted asking if i was ok around the same time i texted him, but i didn't get it because i was writing.. phew!). he said "it's fine, whatever you have to do," to which i replied "i know, i'm just saying, i did want to stay" and then he said "you don't understand." i didn't write back until he was probably asleep so i didn't get to ask what he meant.. i wrote him this morning but he said he really doesn't know what he meant.. which is understandable. it was really late and we were pretty drunk and tired from the show and i had just gotten all despondent and made all these allusions to something.

anyway, WHAT does this mean?? that is such a strange response for him, even though sometimes he does say things that don't make a whole lot of sense. i have to go to a formal for my college tomorrow night, so i couldn't see him, but should i contact him anyway? i actually got sort of sad that night because i wanted to take him to the formal but i already had a date (the exboyfriend..). the situation is so weird and complicated. any advice on it at all would be helpful, but mainly i want to be settled about this issue. sorry it's long and overly detailed.. but thank you all

i don't know. why the h*ll don't you people just pick up the damn phone and call each other on the damn telephone?? sorry this isn't directed at you, but i also have younger friends who are always confused about their texts, and IM's, well maybe because youall should have just called eachother!! you know when i was youngER half the time it was a matter of finding a pay phone, and then there was the little issue of not having a dime to put in it. and youall go out of your way to avoid the ever-precious (and ever-easy to come by) phone call, i just don't understand it. frick! call eachother! yep that's all I have to say.

i don't know. why the h*ll don't you people just pick up the damn phone and call each other on the damn telephone?? sorry this isn't directed at you, but i also have younger friends who are always confused about their texts, and IM's, well maybe because youall should have just called eachother!! you know when i was youngER half the time it was a matter of finding a pay phone, and then there was the little issue of not having a dime to put in it. and youall go out of your way to avoid the ever-precious (and ever-easy to come by) phone call, i just don't understand it. frick! call eachother! yep that's all I have to say.

S*** ur old!

The situation doesn't sound confusing and complicated at all. You are dating two people and have feelings for both. Some people can "multi-task" as you say, but it sounds like it is driving you nuts. Best bet is to pick one and start having a solid relationship with one of these guys.