Prom Date- Best Friend- Or guy Who Likes Me? H-E-L-P!!

Hey, I have a Prom coming up in may. yah it's 3 weeks away it's far but not too far. I've been asked by two guys. one is my bestest friend in the world (from the guy side). We're totally into eachother but we're friends. We agreed to stay that way for a little bit. We aren't ready for what people might think. It's bad enough having people "think" we're going out when we're not. But if we do go out then what? But that's not the problem. I have also been asked by this other guy. he's pretty cool. But most poeple don't like him. I do. but my friends kinda don't "approve" and you gotta go with your friends. I think I might go wiht my best friend, but what do I say to the other guy? I don't want to hurt his feelings. But a part of me wants to go with the other guy too! I can't decide. My best friend, thinks I should go with no one and go solo like her. But, I'd rather go with sumone. HELP!

First I think you need to make decisions for yourself and not worry about what your friends, or anyone else, thinks. I know it's hard to do that at your age but try to be strong and make the best decision for YOU.

If you decide to go with your best friend, you could simply be honest with the other guy and tell him that. Tell him that you are just going with someone as friends. It is rejection though and his feelings probably will be somewhat hurt.

I think it is important to make your decision sooner rather than later though so whoever you don't choose has the opportunity to ask someone else.

Are you interested in the second guy who asked you? If so, I would go with him and not worry about what my friends think.

Or, maybe you can go in a group -- you and the guy, and your best friend and another female friend (maybe the one who is going solo)? Prom can be a nice romantic time, but it's also a time to be with your friends, so maybe this "outside the box" suggestion will help you do both (unless of course you are interested in both guys, in which case that would be a mess).