Love found outside class

wakingupwithfish

I don't think there'd be a problem with it, not at all! The student-teacher relationship has since ceased, since the student is no longer taking classes. You're just two regular people. Suppose I wasn't going to college right now... If I hit on some woman who "happened" to be a college prof, I wouldn't feel bad about it, cause I maybe went to college sometime in my past.

Now, if the student and the prof had a thing going ~WHILE~ the student was still in school, it could be seen as a conflict of interest, I think.

Tsk, it's a shame, too. There's one teacher at MY college, and she's a real hottie.

Ummmm... The only concern here would be with a possible age gap?

• 2 weeks later...

I think once the student-teacher relationship is over, it's okay, esp. if some years have passed, and, sad enough to say, it seems much more "okay" when the student is a younger woman and the professor is an older man. However, while it may be "officially" okay, the couple will probably the subject of lots of gossip esp. in the beginning. But when you're old and gray it won't matter.

One instance where it might matter, is if the student were somehow in the university setting or some other carerr setting in which the professor is also involved. Gender plays into this again, as the student might be made to feel like her achievements were not her own but she had some help from her partner.