My fault??

Hi yall, my husband and I bought a new truck about a month and a half ago, I drive it to town about 1 time a week, if I bring it home without stopping by the car wash I get yelled at. Today he found a chip in the hood of it, I got yelled at and told that i needed to figure out how that scratch got there so that I can keep it from happining again. His is really po'd about the dang scratch and says its all my fault. Well im sitting here trying to remember everything from the last episode of csi to see if there was anything on there to help me figure out how the dang chip got in the hood of the truck. Im soo mad right now i would love to just go out there and take a baseball bat to the entire thing just so i can tell him well i know how these chips got here! Is this my fault??!!

No it is not your fault!

Sometimes when other vehicles go past very fast the friction sends chippings up into the air. That once happened to me and the windscreen got shattered! Sometimes wagons pick up chippings on the way out of builders yards and when they're moving along they get thrown onto the vehicle behind.

It sounds to me like your husband has nothing better to think about!

Have you ever thought that he might've done it and is blaming you instead? I suggest you just keep out of his way until he cools down.

Good luck and take care.

thanks for the advice! I never thought about a rock coming from someone elses tires. He is kinda obsessed with the new truck, we have been married for 15 years and this is the first brand new vehichle we have ever owned. But the thing is he is acting like he is the only one who worked hard and bought the thing. Ya im upset about that scratch to, we worked real hard and are going to contiune to work real hard to pay for it, but dang he acts like it should stay show room perfect all of the time. oh and did I mention we live on a dirt road??? anyway.......

your right about the yelling thing too, I get that quite often, then im still mad and he is over his little fit and hes telling me, why are you in a bad mood? Or he will want me to go and rub his back or something. He is going to drive me insane one day. (if he hasnt already!!)

Washing a truck.... Why buy a truck then, they should come with mud splatters on them already. My dad was the same way with his new truck, he pitched a fit when my Mom and I asked if we could use it to get mulch. He wanted to keep the bed clean, we stole the keys anyway and hosed it out when we were done. Some how he never noticed... hmmm...

Thanks yall for the support, I guess I know its not my fault, i just needed to vent a little. If I had realized how insane he would be about the stupid truck we would never have bought it, I would still be hireing someone to take our cattle to the sale barn! That would have saved me a lot of greif!