Strange Muscle Phenomenon

SAMRA22

i've noticed something about myself whenever i am am tense , (example: when my bf and i get too intimate or when am doin sit ups in the gym). the muscles in my eyelids and lips start contracting by themselves without any voluntary effort on my side. then when i relax a bit it goes away. when am with my bf in the bedroom and this happens it ruins everything since i cant vountarily move my lips to kiss him anymore, in addition to the unease it causes me. does anyone know of such a symptom? i am thinkin of seein a doc, but i thought i'd ask first. i think it's related to tension (when am intimate) but when am in the gym and work out my uper body it happens too. could it be a nervous system error? i knom it sounds freaky but it happens..feedback? thanks anyway

wow, it sounds to me like you have some possible nerve damage to those areas . Have you had any injuries to your face in the past? Any pulled teeth? If not, then it could be muscle tension that occurs when you strain and can't relax. I know when I can't and when I get nervous relax my legs start quivering uncontrollably and I can't see clearly. If you're really concerned, you should contact your Doctor ir see a massage therapist.

CarnelianButterfly did ur rromie have that symptom all the time? or did it happen only in particular stressful times for example? i dont have it usually, its only when am very stressed(like very angry and crying) or when am excited(sexually) or when iu work out in gym..there must be a sommon factor (maybe muscle tension)? can anyone reason it out?i never thought of it as a big deal but since it has occurred several times in the bedroom am starting to worry

Hers were stress and tension related, the main problem was at night she'd still have muscle spasms that would open her eyes. It would sometimes flare up if she was freaked about school work after her initial treatment.

I get them sometimes when I'm really upset, usually only when I very angry (not that often

If you're very concerned I still say see a doc, this could be stress, but it could indicate some nerve or muscle damage.