Voluntarily send her stuff back, or wait for her contact?

coldheart

Me and my ex broke up mutually about 2 weeks ago due to excalating arguments and some mistreatment/neglection on my part. 24 hours after the breakup she called to let me know that we didn't have any reason to see each other or talk about anything else because nothing would work at this point. In addition, she told me that all of my stuff was ready for pickup at her house and I picked it up through a friend the next day.

Now that I have moved into my new house, I have an entire boxfull of her stuff and about 4 hangers of clothing articles. Should I box it all up and just wait for a "forced" contact on her part, or voluntarily send it back through FedEx? What type of impression would this yield? At the moment Im holding NC for 2 weeks and she apparently wants nothing to do with me any further since she hasn't contacted me. All advice is appreciated!

CH

Send it through FedEx. No need to talk to her, just send it.

Yep - I second that. If she wants to talk she will find a reason. Best to assume she meant what she said and move on as soon as you can.

Funny that she didn't ask for her stuff sofar

ilse

I thought the same thing but then again she knew my stuff was in storage and wouldn't be moved out till my closing on my new house (the closing had an indefinite date). Anyways, no reason to dwell on any possible other reason, it's only self-torture IMO. Thanks for the recomendation guys!

CH

I am having the same problem. However I have my ex's stuff in the back of my car. We had a relatively mutual break up, however I still want him back at times, because he said the actual breaking up thing. We have already done the whole seperating of stuff, but at the old house when I went to do a last clean up, there were shoes and model making stuff that is his. Unfortunately for me, I still have to see him as his pay goes into my bank account still. I say you do it by fed ex because it hurts WAY more when you still have to see them and don't have the oppurtunity to just say goodbye and have a nice life.

Why pay money to send it back if one of your friends will do it for you!

Because it is sending the message that he is doing it impersonally with no hidden agenda. If it is sent by a friend she could think he wants the friend to plead his case, or at least see if there is a message or a hope.