back to church :)

he got booted because he kept disobeying the pastor when he told him to stay away from me during his divorce process because it wasn't right and he would just hurt me,( which he DID) he kept disobeying and did it anyways behind his back and kept on hurting me so my pastor said "I think it's better if you go somewhere else"

wait - did they just tell him to go somewhere else, or did he really get EX-COMMUNICATED?!?!?!

Anyways, I am glad that the pastor was looking out for you. Yeah, why should he get to stay at the church and you have to find a new one??? He broke up with you, you should get to keep the church!

isn't ex-communication the same thing as getting booted???

from link removed:

Excommunication is a religious censure which is used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community. The word literally means "out of link removed," or, "once was in communion, but now is not". In some churches, excommunication includes spiritual link removed of the subject member or group. Censures and sanctions sometimes follow excommunication such as link removed, link removed or link removed depending on the group's religion, its religious community or, its broader religious community. This article studies excommunication and spiritual condemnation often associated with excommunication, but not the religious censures and sanctions that follow excommunication.

So, I guess it depends on your church what ex-communication means.