Talking About It Just Doesn't Work Anymore

Hi, Just needed some help on what I should do, im at the point where ive realised that most people do not care about me and because of that alone I shouldn't care about them. I have tried to talk to people about what is going on my life but no one cares or they help me temporarily and eventually move on.

I wanted to ask, is there any other way that I could relieve myself of all this stress and worries that I endure? Other than talking about it.

Hope for a few responses, thnx for the help in advance... hopefully

I've gone through this too, or am going through this. Best thing is u need to keep yourself busy, find things u enjoy doing. Also realize people are going to come into your life, some for only a short period of time but be thankful for them rather than spiteful that they don't stick around. Be thankful for the help they do give you. Try to be as positive as possible - I had a good friend tell me I was being really negative and some people can't deal with that negativity. So I have to always be trying to stay positive even if I am a very negative person. Lastly I turned to God in my time of need, cuz God will always be there when people aren't. I also found comfort in helping others who are lonely or need help. Hope that helps.

Mmm...its tough but there comes a point where we all work out that not everyone cares about us as much as we expect, and that only a few people really *stick around*...but thats sort of a good thing. Imagine if everyone cared about everyone, we'd all just be so weighed down by so many peoples problems.

anyway..what you give out is what you get back, generally, although this doesnt always work either, its about learning that life aint fair. As a rule though, the more you reach out to other people and listen to people when they need it, and act in a friendly but not desperate way towrds them, the more you will find people will become your friends.

As for immediate / crisis-like problems, professionals and helplines are your best bet...sometimes somebody completely impartial who we dont have to work on to become friends with helps.

What are the things that worry you? Have you thought of counseling or therapy as a solution? Listening to advice is a good start, but unless you try to do something about your problem, than it won't go away. That will only make the pain relieved temporarily; you need to put forth effort so the problem will eventually go away.

• 2 months later...

sometimes it helps to write things down, and say the words as ur writing them, it works for a lot of people, its another way of venting ur problems and frustrations, i really dont think that people dont care, they probably just dont know the extent that ur worrying, i hope everything works out for you