You ever just get into a routine with your BF/GF? End up doing the same things all the time. Seems that even thought things are going great and you get along great, enjoy being with each other but just lose the excitement.

How do you get out of it? Put the excitement back into your relationship.

You ever just get into a routine with your BF/GF? End up doing the same things all the time. Seems that even thought things are going great and you get along great, enjoy being with each other but just lose the excitement.

How do you get out of it? Put the excitement back into your relationship.

Sure it happens, life happens. That's why people need to work on their relationship with the same dedication they put forth to other parts of their life.

Try doing something new together - take dance lessons, or start climbing at a local climbing gym or club, once a month opt to take out a map and just pinpoint a new town to drive to, and go check it out. Just make time to talk and learn about one another. Make sure you also have your own interests to share and discuss with one another.

Ultimately you do reach a comfort, a partnership, a natural friendship with your partner, and it's wonderful, but it does not mean it must be boring!

Hi Piegirl...I put up a post not too long ago that had a link to an article about how relationships can get into ruts. Now, it's more for long, long term relationships where the people have let "relationship boredom" get out of hand, but it might be perfect timing for you in that you can avoid letting this rut go on too long by reading about some of the troublespots mentioned in the article.

Personnally I like the concept of "Date Night"

Date Night allows either one of u to choose something that is different..which is key...to do once a week. Once a week u set a plan to do something for just the 2 of you. I know when my ex and I had dated for a year and we fell into a routine we started doing this....even if it meant going out for dinner at a different restaurant, going fer a romantic walk on the beach...getting Dairyqueen Blizzards...it was all something just a little different to the norm. Sometimes that all u need to rekindle certain things....