I know this might sound like a dumb question but ...

I recently bought a new wax treatment kit, since i had been using wax strips, i dont know if once the wax is melted, you cant use it again?

for example..

waht if i wanted to use it just for a small area, so i dont think i woudl use all of it, but a small quantitity, could I, after it is melted, let the part that i didnt use, cool down and save it for another time? or is it a one time use?

I know this might sound like a dumb question but ...

I recently bought a new wax treatment kit, since i had been using wax strips, i dont know if once the wax is melted, you cant use it again?

for example..

waht if i wanted to use it just for a small area, so i dont think i woudl use all of it, but a small quantitity, could I, after it is melted, let the part that i didnt use, cool down and save it for another time? or is it a one time use?

I'm under the impression that if it is wax, as opposed to a sugar treatment, that you can reuse the wax that has already been heating up.

The aesthetics industry has been under fire recently for reusing wax with the claim that various diseases can be carried from one client to another since the wax is not warmed up enough to kill microorganisms. But I think if you're using it only on yourself, you're good to go.

is this hot wax you are talking about? I had hot wax that was in a heatable container. I used what was needed and then stored the unused portion for another time. Word of advice, make sure the wax is not too hot when applying.

I always start with the hood, and after the rest of the car's done I go back over the hood again. Engine heat plays havoc with the wax coat.

LMAO - some people live in a different world!!

It can be remelted, but if it has hair in it you run the risk of creating a nice little breeding ground for bacteria. Granted heat kills lots of stuff, but it's not worth the expense of infecting yourself for saving on wax. I've used the sugar stuff in the past and found it much more user friendly. It cleans up so much easier and I had less problems with my skin reacting to it.

this is what I bought..

link removed

and yeah It made sense that i could just save it and use it for another time.. since its not like im an expert at waxing and im still getting used to the pain.. I was thinking of doing one leg one day then the other u know, not the whole thing at a time, because that would be just too much for me to handle this would be the third time i wax, and first time with melted-hot-wax, so i didn't want to push it.

but yeah, thanks for your replies

ohh somethign else, have u tried using this for the bikini area.. buti mean like a full blown brazilian wax type of thing?

there are cremes you can use. THere are also ointments you can use to prevent ingrown hair if you shave as well. Lots to choose from, but you need to find what you like. By the way, my sister went to wax both legs and she made me leave the room so I would not hear her scream. Thanks for the laugh. Good luck

no, I don't think shaving is good either. It gets too itchy when the hairs are growing in, and scratching your groin in public isn't attractive.

Going to a salon and having them wax you is the safest and easiest way to go.

I'm a spa girl, too. IMO it's worth every penny. All home waxing experience have been disasters, excepting those involving Turtle Wax and my VW.

RenWoman, my understanding is that there are basically three categories of bikini waxes: The 'regular' is just a narrowing of the hair in front; an 'extended' is a more severe narrowing...from a medium-sized strip down to a thin 'landing strip'. It can also include a clean-up of the hair underneath and behind. A Brazillian is often thought to be an 'everything off' waxing, but is really more about getting ALL of the hair underneath and behind. A little strip or a triangle can still be left in front. The Brazillain is good if you wear thongs to the beach (too brave for me, lol), but some people just like them because they feel cleaner.